What's new

aoiddr

Professional
Reaction score
I installed the Audio Fix PCB earlier tonight, which fixed the crackling audio... but I've started having graphics problems where there are vertical strips of scrambled/garbled graphics.

As far as I can tell, the audio fix pcb is lined up correctly (picture added in next post). I even went so far as to remove the audio fix PCB and reinstall it just to make sure, but I'm still getting the vertical graphic problem.

I done the usual reseating of the boards (pulled off the multi board, connector pcb, and B Board), but that didn't solve the problem.

Thoughts??

IMAGE:
vLGhOlZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EStAtYC.jpg

Last edited:
First attempt:

3radd3C.jpg

Second attempt:

rETCXUY.jpg

Last edited:
Reinstall it using a bit less flux. I had the same issue tonight with one. After the second attempt I removed it. Cleaned up the pads again. Cleaned all the flux off with alcohol. Added a bit of new flux and reapplied the fix. Worked great after that.

Reinstall it using a bit less flux. I had the same issue tonight with one. After the second attempt I removed it. Cleaned up the pads again. Cleaned all the flux off with alcohol. Added a bit of new flux and reapplied the fix. Worked great after that.
Tried using less flux on my end two further times, but never was able to fix the vertical graphic problem. I finally lifted a trace during clean-up after removing the fix pcb again...so time to send it in fir a repair. Gah. @_@

Back