What's new
The C partition is protected by Enabled Write Filter. Do not use ewfmgr c: -commit with Niko's multi as it is not setup in a way that will survive a commit. You will need to save to either the D or E partitions to retain data.
Any idea how to get things launched from the D or E partitions to save their settings?

Niko's multi will launch a game from E:\Folder\Game.exe. When that happens a folder with the same name on the D: partition is mounted as D:\. TypeX games will save into the D: partition.

As for saving it really depends on the game's settings being able to move the file. XPE isn't really meant as a general use operating system.

Thanks! Good to know. Once I can get the JVS to work with it, it continues running in the back ground so if the game locks up you should be able to exit/escape and reboot it. Not ideal .. but it is what it is.
I've been messing around with Mame4Rage2 today to run on the X2.

For starters, the 32 bit version of version .40 doesn't seem to work at all. It just crashes on both my desktop and the X2, so I used the previous version and got it to launch fine

Initially the controls didn't respond like @Dreygor and suspected that it wasn't built with dinput in mind. (I'm using a modified version of Corey's cjvs tool) Using a hex editor on the 32 bit exe I edited it to force direct input and that got my controls working.

It plays and runs playably but the audio stutters are obnoxious. The x2 may be a bit underpowered for this game. Not sure what your experience was on that front.

Thanks! Good to know. Once I can get the JVS to work with it, it continues running in the back ground so if the game locks up you should be able to exit/escape and reboot it. Not ideal .. but it is what it is.
I've been messing around with Mame4Rage2 today to run on the X2.
For starters, the 32 bit version of version .40 doesn't seem to work at all. It just crashes on both my desktop and the X2, so I used the previous version and got it to launch fine

Initially the controls didn't respond like @Dreygor and suspected that it wasn't built with dinput in mind. (I'm using a modified version of Corey's cjvs tool) Using a hex editor on the 32 bit exe I edited it to force direct input and that got my controls working.

It plays and runs playably but the audio stutters are obnoxious. The x2 may be a bit underpowered for this game. Not sure what your experience was on that front.
Do you by chance have a good MAME build that runs with controls on the x2? Like packaged up to try ?

Do you by chance have a good MAME build that runs with controls on the x2? Like packaged up to try ?
I started by messing around by adding a whopping 2 games to atrfate's frontend, in a way that I could add more games with minimal effort. The games I added do run and controls work, but working out a few issues with Attract Mode and he gave me some advice about that which I am going to try and implement soon.

I thought to just set up the multi to simply launch MAMEUI or something where you would pick the game from there, but wasn't going to load it up with thousands of games. Just was interested in playing some odd ball games that aren't available anywhere else, like Tattooed Assassins and obviously Primal Rage 2 was of interest.

I actually went back to using the default front end Niko has and launch the games from there.

Yep individual games is how i have to launch the psx games.

I kinda figured that with the MAME. I was looking to mostley add a few shmups, puzzle games, and a couple more fighters like Tattooed assassins.

Id like to see your build out, folder structure, and maybe get one built out game from you to see how you did it.

Sure, sharing sounds good to me. I can probably throw a game on my Google drive that I can pm over when it's done so you can see what I came up with.

They can also launch through Niko's frontend.

I gave another look into the Contra Evolution Revolution game game from Konami.

So I can get it to boot on my Windows XP SP2 test VBOX but it won't boot on the TTX2 itself. I can get the JVS to load and I have that set up to the controls on the game but the game stall out regardless of what boot option for the game I use .. no security .. windowed .. full screen .. with the JVS .. without the JVS ... nothing works. I am also working with a dirty patched image.

Then I can pull the hard drive from the TTX2 and plug it into the Windows XP machine and the game boots fine and is playable with the keyboard
Hello, did someone get Contra Evolution playable on TTX2 . I have tried 3 image of game, none launch on TTX2 but they boot on my win7 32bit laptop.
Thanks

Back