What's new

gamemaster14

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Lindbergh Yellow with a Multi kit. When I run Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown there is a black bar on the top indicating none of the network functions work. Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of that black bar?

My guess is that there is no way to remove the black bar as every video I have seen of this game running in an arcade had that bar.

Yep. The bar is always there. So, can you somehow select score attack route (A, B or C) in 1P mode?

I have a Lindbergh Yellow with a Multi kit. When I run Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown there is a black bar on the top indicating none of the network functions work. Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of that black bar?
The bar is there regardless. If the network connection is working, the icons will change, but the bar will always be there. In other words, it's a feature.

The bar is there regardless. If the network connection is working, the icons will change, but the bar will always be there. In other words, it's a feature.
The only reason I thought it was removable is because, in Virtua Fighter 5 Version B, when you first boot the game is has a bar just like that but if you disable everything that doesn't work, it disappears.

Keep in mind that the digital output of the game with that bar is 1280x768, which the bar is 48 pixels tall, still allowing a 1280x720 play field. I think that only vanilla had versions in other regions which may be why you could disable the bar. R and FS did not (at least not publicly.)

Back