What's new

SEGASHIRO

Professional
Reaction score
Just a quick question to those who own multiple CPS2 boards from different regions - Is it easy to swap a one CPS2 board into an another region's case?

For example, if I have both a USA/Japan A board and B Board with a broken case, could I pull the pcb boards out and put them into an Asia A/B combo and have all the contacts still come flush together?

Or if I just swapped the A board in the grey region case to a US/JP one would it still mate properly with a USA/JP B board?

Basically, is the plastic casing different between the different region boards? I know the pins are different on the pcbs but were the CPS2 cases all similar enough to allow you to shuffle the cases?

Also...anyone know where to get cps2 A board case?

I believe only the USA/JPN cases are 100% interchangeable. I've mixed and matched mine before (my JPN bottom half was in better shape than my USA) fits just fine.

I think the connector holes on the bottom are the problem with other regions but I can't say for sure as I've never owned anything but USA/JPN.

Pretty sure the cases themselves are interchangeable. I've seen orange case USA boards for sale before. I have some Asian boards at the house and I'll check tonight when I get home and let you know.

Pretty sure there is no difference in the case design at all.

Pretty sure the cases themselves are interchangeable. I've seen orange case USA boards for sale before. I have some Asian boards at the house and I'll check tonight when I get home and let you know.
Thanks in advance!

Ok, so we have an Asian Battle Circuit board and a Vampire Jp Board
9R9fqtj.jpg

Here is the Vampire board fitted into the Asian Shell
9R9fqtj.jpg

Here is a US A board
xIsE5Fb.jpg

Fits like a charm and ran fine
Me58Gw1.jpg

Back