What's new
I'd also volunteer for either/both.

Glad to see so much progress is being made. Can't state it as eloquently as undamned, but it really is a joy to see projects take flight.

Is there any way the firmware could be updated to add a debug log feature? The same way we update the firmware could be to same way it could output debug data, no?

I test things for a living, and know my way around Mame's debug function and some 68K offcourse ;)
Let me know :)

(Do we have somewhere to post bugs/test results in a formal manner, like Tfs or Jira, or even github perhaps?)

(Do we have somewhere to post bugs/test results in a formal manner, like Tfs or Jira, or even github perhaps?)
When I was doing some quality testing on a certain title, we used a google doc.

Was working on redoing the way I handle the sprite RAM differences, and I went down a rabbit hole and discovered a debug mode in Cadillacs and Dinosaurs lol. Wrote up a few findings here: https://tcrf.net/Cadillacs_and_Dinosaurs

Thanks folks for posting about testing, I'll pick some people soon enough. Further volunteers are probably not needed :)

Is there any way the firmware could be updated to add a debug log feature? The same way we update the firmware could be to same way it could output debug data, no?
Theoretically it could be possible, but it's a ridiculous amount of work and not especially worth it IMO. I mostly need MAME testing until I'm very confident there's no more protection bugs left.

When I was doing some quality testing on a certain title, we used a google doc.
I use bitbucket for all my stuff, and it has a pretty decent bug tracker, so I will have testers use that. I used it for Fire Lancer before and it made everything pretty smooth.

Been working through Muscle Bomber some more, I think I'm going to give up on it for now. The protection is insanely aggressive, and I really don't want to spend more time unraveling its mess for now.
To be honest Muscle Bomber is the reason I'm not chasing the bounty...But good luck anyway, you did a great job so far.
I think that's probably the biggest obstacle, really :D Thanks, I hope I can get some truly groundbreaking stuff done soon...

Was working on redoing the way I handle the sprite RAM differences, and I went down a rabbit hole and discovered a debug mode in Cadillacs and Dinosaurs lol. Wrote up a few findings here: https://tcrf.net/Cadillacs_and_Dinosaurs
Awesome stuff. :D

* DIP SWITCH B4: If set, the player cannot be hit, effectively making the player invincible.
* DIP SWITCH C3: Player does ridiculous amounts of damage.

Looks like I'll finally be able to 1cc it ;)

Ok, since it looks like this might actually happen :)

Put my share of the bounty aside, so I dont go spending it on other stuff :D

IMG_9325.JPG

I just read the whole thread in one go - awesome work, i am completely amazed who you guys do this stuff...

since i am in the current batch of preorders for the cps2 multi i would like to pledge 100€ as well.

Just tell me when and where to ;)

Oh dang boi i can hardly contain myself waiting for this stuff :)

You-cant-hide-your-anxiety.gif

Back