What's new
would also be awesome if the 3P support can be ported to the CPS2 platform ;)
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, aren't there 3P and 4P games on the CPS2 already?

I also feel this is encompassed in being similar "From a gameplay perspective" being, down a player is certainly an obvious gameplay difference.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, aren't there 3P and 4P games on the CPS2 already?
I also feel this is encompassed in being similar "From a gameplay perspective" being, down a player is certainly an obvious gameplay difference.
Yes there are some, AvP is 3P, D&D is up to 4p.

So technically I hope it is possible to map the 3p connector on the CPS1 C board to the CPS2 kick connector.

Wow, in less than a day we're over $2k in pledges, plus a Punisher PCB!

From this point forward I'm going to keep track of the running total by "liking" posts. If it's liked after this post, yours has been added to the tally.

If anyone wants to let the folks who were working on this previously know that we're here, that may be a good next step.

From this point forward I'm going to keep track of the running total by "liking" posts. If it's liked after this post, yours has been added to the tally.

If anyone wants to let the folks who were working on this previously know that we're here, that may be a good next step.
Did you add my $50?
You didn't like my post #14, I'm starting to feel left out :P

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, aren't there 3P and 4P games on the CPS2 already?I also feel this is encompassed in being similar "From a gameplay perspective" being, down a player is certainly an obvious gameplay difference.
Yes there are some, AvP is 3P, D&D is up to 4p.
So technically I hope it is possible to map the 3p connector on the CPS1 C board to the CPS2 kick connector.
Sure it is. Actually when you convert CPS1.5 games to CPS2 you already have to remap inputs for player 1 and 2.

Did you add my $50?You didn't like my post #14, I'm starting to feel left out :P
I got you now! :D

Ok, So we are at $2,210 + Punisher PCB.

Maybe not enough for someone to want to devote time to this, but just maybe, who knows.

Count me in for $50.

I know this doesn't tip the scales, but paying $50 to get Punisher and Cadillacs & Dinosaurs running on original hardware is a hellava deal compared to buying the actual PCB's. :D

Ok, So we are at $2,210 + Punisher PCB.

Maybe not enough for someone to want to devote time to this, but just maybe, who knows.
I'd be all over it if I wasn't tied up with grad school right now. Granted, I'd have to learn 68000 and Z80 assembly, but I've been wanting to pick those up anyway.

I'm hoping that some of the people I've seen working on CPS 1 & 2 conversions and hacks in the past know about this bounty. Specifically, I'm thinking of:

Team Avalaunch
@Apocalypse
@Asure
@l_oliveira
@mountainmanjed
@neocps1

Any interest guys? If you know anyone else who's up for bounty hunting, give them a shout-out so they know about the reward!

Back