What's new
He would like to have in exchange 1 cps2 multi + 1 metamorphic force + 1x Night slashers which all 3 are more or less valued about 1000 USD.
Good luck on Night Slashers. Not an easy one to find. I have a Metamorphic Force but audio section needs the cap overhaul, as is the case for many Konami boards of that era.
-ud

Yea he is not getting Night Slashers for under 1,000$ alone these days.

he has apparently spotted one for a much lower price. We'll see.

Awesome news DS!!

I have a JP Night Slashers board, but yeah, I think I will hold onto that for now. I will just put up cash :)

I don't get why you guys say CPS1 Dash is harder it's not since for audio is just switching addresses the sound buffer writes too(to the 0x618000 addresses). Other than that the sprite set up is the same between both cps1 versions.

I don't get why you guys say CPS1 Dash is harder
Harder?

You mean why don't we want CPS1.5 games ported to a potential CPS1.0 multi?
Because it wouldn't have the original Q-Sound (aka I wouldn't even bother playing it).

I don't get why you guys say CPS1 Dash is harder it's not since for audio is just switching addresses the sound buffer writes too(to the 0x618000 addresses). Other than that the sprite set up is the same between both cps1 versions.
If it was that easy I guess it would have been done already.

i didn't say that,
I said it's easier to get sound working on the ports
There are no graphic differences between the 2 cps1 versions.
Pretty much saying regular cps1 is harder to port to cps2.

I know it's been awhile but i actually did work on a port of Sf2 hyper fighting/turbo, before my hard drive crashed and i still have some notes on how i handled some of it like inputs.

On a side note, you can't convert 16x 8bit adpcm 3d spatialized to 1x 4bit adpcm mono channel. The qsound chip is a DSP from lucent which processes 16 channels in realtime driven by a z80. Also communication btw z80 and 68k is i/o port based on cps 1. on 1.5 it is handled through shared ram. Volume control is digital on cps 1.5, and there is only a potentiometer on cps 1. Sprites on a 01 chip are unusable because there is no dram connected...

you can't convert 16x 8bit adpcm 3d spatialized to 1x 4bit adpcm mono channel. The qsound chip is a DSP from lucent which processes 16 channels in realtime driven by a z80.
Hehe thank you! I was just going to say it wouldn't have sound. ;)

tenor.gif

My two cents - With number 1 = it does not matter if it is a good chunk of money.. let rewrite continue and collect when ready or proceed as he sees fit, since he was the one that officially started this. I would be a bit let down if something like 1 happened if I started something like this project.

Last edited:
Well, no $$ has exchanged hands yet. No offense to Rewrite, but I think most would feel more comfortable with DS & Mitsu holding the $$ if and when the time comes. I also don’t think he would like to be responsible for holding anyone’s $$, I know I personally would not. He gets my sincere gratitude for starting this thread, it’s a good push forward. It demonstrates how much this site, its members/community has grown, and how it’s members do things/are.

So far no one has accepted the challenge. DS so far has been the only one to sort of spearhead/step up into looking into and reaching out to peeps that had been working on this or possibly could work on it and he is probably looking into how may possibly do it/help as well. So just by his actions, gives me confidence that it will get done sooner or later.

I already have all the cps1.5 games that I want, if these conversions were to be made, the real reward for me is getting people active in doing such things, and in the future working on other related stuff for the community. Hopefully it attracts more talented people to join the site and contribute, share their projects, help with others, etc. And ultimately getting us, the end users/players access to play and enjoy these games.

Last edited:
Back