What's new
message to bounty pledgers. Everyone agrees that we get the Punisher conversion if properly working for 1000 USD?

message to bounty pledgers. Everyone agrees that we get the Punisher conversion if properly working for 1000 USD?
I assume if 1 region version works, the same can be applied to all regions?

if so I agree for the $1K bounty and it would not require too much extra effort to apply the same to e.g. C&D?

I assume if 1 region version works, the same can be applied to all regions?
if so I agree for the $1K bounty and it would not require too much extra effort to apply the same to e.g. C&D?
1) I guess it should be pretty stright forward.
2) As I already posted in the point #4 here: BOUNTY: CPS1.5 games (with Q-Sound) on CPS2 multi

Notice that this is the only game that can be converted using this method, the other remaining games make extensive use of the graphic chip and sprite priorities so they would need to have more modifications in the code and graphics like:
* Split scroll layers.
* Lower priority stay scrolls the other must be converted to scrolls made of sprites
* Sync all.
* Take care about palette effects at the same time
But this conversion will help to the person taking this further as a bigger part of the job will be already done.

That's roughly 1/3 of what we collectively have to offer, for 1/5 of what we're asking. Less than, actually, considering how you've stated Punisher is far less work than the other 4.

On the other hand Punisher is the most popular CPS 1.5 game and will make a lot of folks happy (myself included).

@Darksoft did @neocps1 indicate whether he plans to convert the other games once Punisher is done?
Sounds good, assuming it is indeed fully working with no glitches/problems.

@Darksoft did @neocps1 indicate whether he plans to convert the other games once Punisher is done?
This is probably the question of the hour.

And if we accept that, it should probably be understood that we don't have *nearly* enough raised to cover the remainder of the games (and who knows if we ever will if Punisher is indeed all most people care about).

Obviously it's a collective decision, but I think it's important to keep things in perspective.

For me personally C&D is #1 and Punisher #2, don’t care that much about the other games...

(... if we ever will if Punisher is indeed all most people care about)
I wasn't saying it's all people care about, but it is probably the most desirable title (besides Cads and Dinos maybe) and would win a community poll.

Maybe a poll could be started to see what the popular pick for the next game would be?

Edit: Actually I'm pretty sure C&D will win lol.

For me personally C&D is #1 and Punisher #2
Same... but to me, part of the reason for putting up the bounty was to get good quality and complete conversions of all these games. IMO if we put majority of the pot into just the popular games then the less popular ones will never get converted because the work to benefit ration wont be there.

If we're going to go the route of partial payment per rom converted then...
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (4 ROM versions: dino, dinou, dinoa, dinoj)

Muscle Bomber: The Body Explosion/Saturday Night Slam Masters (3 ROM versions: slammast, slammastu, mbomberj)

Muscle Bomber Duo (2 ROM versions: mbombrd, mbombrdj)

The Punisher (4 ROM versions: punisher, punisheru, punisherh, punisherj)

Warriors of Fate/Sangokushi II/Tenchi wo Kurau II: Sekiheki no Tatakai (5 ROM versions: wof, wofr1, wofu, wofa, wofj)
There are 18 ROMs with a pot of ~$2500 that's ~$140 per rom
If all ROM versions of the Punisher are converted that would be ~$560 for that game. Or if we're considering on per game basis that would be $500 per game with all ROM versions of that game delivered.

If @jassin000 wants to throw his Punisher board in for just this one conversion. that would be a bit above $1000 total value. But I'd leave that decision to him.

It's true, we do want all the games... But I think the real question here... Is Punisher ported to the CPS2 Multi worth 1000$?
And to that one single question I say, Yes YES it IS worth it!
If @jassin000 wants to throw his Punisher board in for just this one conversion. that would be a bit above $1000 total value. But I'd leave that decision to him.
This is what I had in mind... If he dose Punisher I'll pay my 100$ share of the bounty, but I won't release the board until the entire original goal has been met. Fair?
It will also give me an original board to test his ROM conversion against, remember we are looking for a flawless conversion here.

For me personally C&D is #1 and Punisher #2
Same... but to me, part of the reason for putting up the bounty was to get good quality and complete conversions of these games.
If we're going to go the route of partial payment per rom converted then...
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (4 ROM versions: dino, dinou, dinoa, dinoj)

Muscle Bomber: The Body Explosion/Saturday Night Slam Masters (3 ROM versions: slammast, slammastu, mbomberj)

Muscle Bomber Duo (2 ROM versions: mbombrd, mbombrdj)

The Punisher (4 ROM versions: punisher, punisheru, punisherh, punisherj)

Warriors of Fate/Sangokushi II/Tenchi wo Kurau II: Sekiheki no Tatakai (5 ROM versions: wof, wofr1, wofu, wofa, wofj)
There are 18 ROMs with a pot of $2500 that's ~$140 per romIf all ROM versions of the Punisher are converted that would be ~$560 for that game. Or if we're considering on per game basis that would be $500 per game with all ROM versions of that game delivered.

All your questions were already answered in my previous posts...twice:
Notice that this is the only game that can be converted using this method, the other remaining games make extensive use of the graphic chip and sprite priorities so they would need to have more modifications in the code and graphics like:
* Split scroll layers.
* Lower priority stay scrolls the other must be converted to scrolls made of sprites
* Sync all.
* Take care about palette effects at the same time
But this conversion will help to the person taking this further as a bigger part of the job will be already done.

Problem with counting per game price is that you need to find people who can do this job. and if you have no one, it's rather them who set the price. If you have a better idea or find someone with the knowledge to do this let me know. I don't know anyone else.
As I said, this will set the ground for someone taking over the conversions of the remaining games.

My 2 cents.

Do the other games besides Punisher work in a similar way, or will every one need a completely different type of hacking/conversion?

I think you hit the nail on the head. Punisher for CPS2 is absolutely worth $1000 to the community.
And and if I pay 100$ (as I pledged and will) that's only 900$ remaining (so just 9 more my level, or 18 50$ folks, hell even 36 25$ people).
Come on guys, we've got this! :thumbsup:

Do the other games besides Punisher work in a similar way, or will every one need a completely different type of hacking/conversion?
*cough* *cough* two posts above yours I wrote: they would need to have more modifications in the code and graphics like:.....

Back