What's new
@Blackfish Is it possible to get larger pics of the 2 square chips in the bottom middle, and the set of 10 chips in the bottom right of this bootleg?

I agree with @Apocalypse this is an interesting board but for other purposes.
There is no B21 in TTL/GAL/PAL implementation and everything is mask rom / soldered in.
Seems like a late-stage release.

Other than (probably) sampled sounds instead of qsound, how does it run sprite-wise?
Any priority errors or visual bugs?

@Blackfish Is it possible to get larger pics of the 2 square chips in the bottom middle, and the set of 10 chips in the bottom right of this bootleg?
Here's a clearer pic of the 2 large chips and the socketed chips, I have rotated the image but its still a little hard to read so I will take a better image of them tonight. As far as game play and Sprite defects I'll also give it a better playthrough tonight. I didn't have time to actually play it over the weekend. Hope this is of interest @Asure and @Apocalypse

IMG_0994.jpg
IMG_0994b.jpg

Here's a clearer pic of the 2 large chips and the socketed chips, I have rotated the image but its still a little hard to read so I will take a better image of them tonight. As far as game play and Sprite defects I'll also give it a better playthrough tonight. I didn't have time to actually play it over the weekend. Hope this is of interest @Asure and @Apocalypse
Thanks a lot.
It really looks like they are Capcom custom chips reproductions!
How much is worth this bootleg? I'm almost tempted to buy one and transplant the chips on OG CPS1 hardware to confirm what I think.

It would be nice to get those Mask roms dumped. I can identify 3 right on the other side where those Video Rams are (left bottom). I think there is another one close to the z80 (top right) and definitely another 2 on the top left. Then we can check the code and graphics and see what they changed....

It really looks like they are Capcom custom chips reproductions!
How much is worth this bootleg? I'm almost tempted to buy one and transplant the chips on OG CPS1 hardware to confirm what I think.
I got this when the Yifans arcade shutdown. I have no idea of its value as I've never been able to find another one and cant read Chinese so I doubt I will. Haha from my searches the only info I've found are links the the Roms and MAME sets. Maybe we could sus something out. :D

It would be nice to get those Mask roms dumped. I can identify 3 right on the other side where those Video Rams are (left bottom). I think there is another one close to the z80 (top right) and definitely another 2 on the top left. Then we can check the code and graphics and see what they changed....
I have a EEProm reader/writer so I could do this. I haven't actually used it yet so would be a bit of a learning curve that I've been meaning to climb. May need some advice on doing it or if @Apocalypse ends up with it I'm sure he could do it too.

I got this when the Yifans arcade shutdown.
I was like "how the hell did he manage to get boards from Yifan". Then realised you're also based in NZ. ;)
I still have a lot of boards from them with their stickers.

Other than (probably) sampled sounds instead of qsound, how does it run sprite-wise?
Any priority errors or visual bugs?
So I played this right through tonight to see if there was any obvious sprite, background or other bugs. It actually plays really well no obvious graphics glitches. Admittedly I don't have a reference but if I didn't know it was a bootleg, I wouldn't know figure it from the graphics by playing it. There was only two times in the entire game I noticed anything. The first one is below with the blue on the bridge.
.IMG_0995.jpg
Second is the white patches in the image below towards the end of the game.
IMG_0996.jpg
Other than these two moments I never saw any obvious glitching or image tearing. all sprites seemed to be rendered correctly. As I said I don't have a reference to compare to but visually it looks pretty good. The audio on the other hand seemed to be pretty good but I wasn't running ing stereo Q-sound and there was some weird audio looping towards the end of the game specifically where the theme tracks seemed to be strange. Hard without a reference to know.Quite a fun game, but tore through the credits to finish.
@Apocalypse if you would like to acquire this we can definitely come to an arrangement as I'm happy to help you. Plus I have a bunch of stuff I'm sure you'd be interested in helping me get working. :D

Bump!!!

Come on guys, lets get past the $3K mark on the cash donations.

Those who have not pledged yet, do what you can $5,10,20, this is for the benefit of the entire arcade gaming community, and who knows work done on this can motivate others to do similar on other platforms/systems.

Tell everyone you know about this, have them sign up and pledge support for this.

I wasn't there since a while and I felt on this topic.
count me in $50 (for instance) to make this happen.

Even if it's not the main purpose of the topic : I suppose that porting CPS1 to CPS2 is the same hassle as what Darksoft described several times.

I'll spread the word about this topic.

Last edited:
Back