What's new
Thanks! :)

I reproduced the regular SF2CE marquee , then decided to have a little fun with it. I had a MAME cab based on Open Ice and I replaced the control panel side art midway stickers with custom "Malenko" pieces, ironically enough made for me by @opt2not

here are the 2 files, feel free to edit the "Malenko" back to Capcom
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19ZcSXNrTl2-N1hyj0-vHHvPTiz-h6Hw_

We got Champion Edition and Hyper Fighting. Feels like we need World Warrior next. :P

Thanks so much guys!

We got Champion Edition and Hyper Fighting. Feels like we need World Warrior next. :P

Thanks so much guys!
Why not Rainbow Edition, while we're at it? This is such a crazy hack. Does CPS2 offer any performance improvements over CPS1? I don't mean faster than CPS1 gameplay. I'm thinking of the Rainbow hack, specifically. The hack allows Ryu and Ken to throw a dozen of fireballs, while doing a shoryuken. This would affect the performance on the original hardware. Would the CPS2 hardware be able to compensate? I'm just curious. I'm not expecting anyone to actually port it.

For Neocps1 release, if you want to change the region open rom 03.

Go to 00000190

00 Japan
02 USA
04 ETC

neo.png

Mikejmoffitt Sf2HF region :

Go to 00040440 on rom 03

00 Japan
02 USA
04 ETC
mjm.png

Sorry if I'm being thick, but I can't see where to make the modification. ?(
I'd be expecting to see a 02 somewhere in the line for neo's release as it's US, that could be changed to 00 or 04 to change region.
Likewise, a 00 in mike's release as it's Japan that could be change if required.

Sorry if I'm being thick, but I can't see where to make the modification
Are you using the files prepped for the Multi-Kit or a normal CPS2 B-Board? It'd suspect the location might change once it's been setup for Multi-Kit use.

Sorry if I'm being thick, but I can't see where to make the modification
Are you using the files prepped for the Multi-Kit or a normal CPS2 B-Board? It'd suspect the location might change once it's been setup for Multi-Kit use.
Ahhh, yes, I'm using the uploads for the Multi! Having a look at the other uploads tallies up.
Don't suppose anyone know the line/string for doing the Multi images? ;)

Sorry if I'm being thick, but I can't see where to make the modification. ?(
I'd be expecting to see a 02 somewhere in the line for neo's release as it's US, that could be changed to 00 or 04 to change region.
Likewise, a 00 in mike's release as it's Japan that could be change if required.
Modification for SF2CE (Neocps1 release) and SF2HF (Mikejmoffitt release) is on rom 03 for B-board version, not the ready version for the multi-cps2.

EDIT : I have look on romset for the multi now.
Open flash.02(Mikejmoffitt release) go to 40440 and look picture attached :)
For neo release, it's the same i think.

What's information you ask Darksoft ?

Attachments

• neo.png
    neo.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 140
  • mike.png
    mike.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Is there a location in the kit-converted ROMs that can be edited to change the region? If so, I would include all three regions of each SF2 in the packs. Since I don't build the kit-converted versions myself though, I can't change the b-board ROMs.

Excellent, thanks for the info @Bonky
Yep, I can see the strings in the 02 rom files and have updated accordingly. I'll have a try of all the regions on my multu this eve and see how it goes :D

wow, so does changing region in the coding like that, change the game entirely from Jap to English, to the point it even changes the intro screen from saying 'Turbo Hyper Fighting' (Japan) to just 'Hyper Fighting' (US), swaps fighters names around (bison vega etc)

If so, that's incredible that you can get so much variety out of it :O !

wow, so does changing region in the coding like that, change the game entirely from Jap to English, to the point it even changes the intro screen from saying 'Turbo Hyper Fighting' (Japan) to just 'Hyper Fighting' (US), swaps fighters names around (bison vega etc)

You unstand it's just a variable right? Somewhere else in the code, where for example the title of the intro screen is located, it just says something like if region is xx then bla, etc. It's not like that 1 byte changes a lot of stuff, the other parts of the code just point to that one byte :)

You unstand it's just a variable right? Somewhere else in the code, where for example the title of the intro screen is located, it just says something like if region is xx then bla, etc. It's not like that 1 byte changes a lot of stuff, the other parts of the code just point to that one byte :)
Haha of course I understand that aspect. Wouldnt make sense otherwise.

Though I was more so expressing that I was impressed that Capcom actually conveniently put all the regions codings on the one release and it was simply a switchable option so to speak.

I never thought about it or looked into it before and had always just assumed in the back of my mind, that Capcom had individual region coding for each release, rather than one specific regions release containing the code for multiple regions in the one place (which were simply disabled )

i.e. I just assumed US version coding on US released game chips (no coding for Japanese version sitting there dormant /disabled)

That's fantastic. I'm guessing this is quite a common thing on their games.

What a great design. Thanks for the insight! :)

Would anyone know which part of the code to change on The Punisher CPS2 Multi? There's a few differences that would make it great to have the different versions 8)

Money send to mike et neo :) :) :)
Hope you have donation for your work.

I can look on punisher when i have time, but i think it's the same of cadillacs...Found 1 offset to change the region, but need another one to change the language...
cps-2 game have this two modification.....or + if i'm right (dungeons and dragons....)

Last edited:
Back