What's new

RealMFnG

Legendary
Reaction score
Doesn't matter the CGA monitor I plug into, and after 3 separate CPSIII boards, the horizontal with of the image field on any CPS3 is always squashed. With most other boards, I can plug them into the same monitor and use the same calibration settings and be fine. But this board and the damn Taito F3 board always require some tweaking. Doing this on my candy cab is easy since horizontal width adjustment is on the remote board under my CP. But on a K7000 monitor, I have to risk life and limb climb back there with sugical hands as to not electrocute myself to turn up the width on the image field just to play 3rd Strike in it's arcade glory.

What gives. Is there is a setting I am missing? Or should I just dedicate a cab for this board and never switch it out?

I've noticed it but don't really mind it. Retro consoles like NES and SNES are square aspect ratio as well.

CPS3 is a weird resolution , that's just how it is with arcade games. You just have to find the best middle ground adjustments for all of your boards, or make tweaks for w/e you're playing at the moment.

Back