What's new
SUCCESS!

tp_splash.jpg

ak_tp_pcb.jpg

I haven't tested past booting/attract mode but with so little changed between the ROMs I can't imagine it wont work. :)

9423EV 450891 06441 => 9423 is probably the datecode (year = 1994, week = 23), followed by the batch/lot number
9425EV 367821 06441 => 9425 is probably the datecode (year = 1994, week = 25), followed by the batch/lot number
So I was thinking about this a bit more... If that's the case then there are really only 4 security chips and a lot of conversions could be done without any patching at all. I was under the impression there was way more variation.

Though this makes sense as I've found there are a lot of Mega System 32 carts for sale that have original Mask ROMs but no label, meaning the original ROM board likely died and they swapped onto a working ROM board for another game; it wouldn't be possible if there weren't options.

- SS91022-10
Desert War
Game Paradise
Gratia (set 2)
Tetris Plus 2

- SS92046-01
Best Bout Boxing
Brandnew Stars
F1 Super Battle
Hayaoshi Quiz Grand Champion
Hayaoshi Quiz Nettou
Tetris Plus
World PK Soccer V2

- SS92047-01
Angel Kiss
Gratia (set 1)
Kirara Star

- SS92048-01
Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai II (ver 1.0)
Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai II (ver 1.1)
P47-Aces

The "SS92047-01" and "SS92046-01" seems like ideal target chips for patching since both of these chips have games that are cheap/easy to find.

----------------

If you make more conversions I'll gladly test them out for you. I believe I have ROM boards with each of the 4 security security chips above. I may need to order more sockets though :P

Last edited:
Awesome stuff guys. :thumbsup:

So....could this possibly lead to a multi board of sorts??

This is all very encouraging! Great work guys.

Perhaps now I'll be motivated enough for the boring chore of adding the sockets to my tetris plus.

I've kicked around the idea of a retro game and computer museum some day. Not sure I could deal with the barcade struggle. Maybe a private arcade. I just don't trust the general public with alcohol and irreplaceable games.

've kicked around the idea of a retro game and computer museum some day. Not sure I could deal with the barcade struggle. Maybe a private arcade. I just don't trust the general public with alcohol and irreplaceable games.
I was thinking the same, maybe a members only/private arcade. But for barcade, no food/drinks near cabs, I was thinking separate lounge area. I have seen it done, were its basically 2 rooms/sections, 1 for food drinks and the other for games.

I was thinking the same, maybe a members only/private arcade. But for barcade, no food/drinks near cabs, I was thinking separate lounge area. I have seen it done, were its basically 2 rooms/sections, 1 for food drinks and the other for games.
FunSpot does this. they have a bar inside the arcade, and there are one or two machines in the Bar area but Food/Drink is only allowed in the Bar and the Bowling alley.

I've wanted to open an arcade with a cafe/bar but I've been trying to find a partner with some experience running the food/drink side of it, still looking :-/

FunSpot does this. they have a bar inside the arcade, and there are one or two machines in the Bar area but Food/Drink is only allowed in the Bar and the Bowling alley.
I've wanted to open an arcade with a cafe/bar but I've been trying to find a partner with some experience running the food/drink side of it, still looking :-/
I have some experience ;) , I've built/ran 2 Italian restaurants/pizzerias a few years back, but have sold them and stayed in real estate. I just did not have the time to do both full time.

Storing pcbs and cabs is getting bad, looking to get a 3rd storage unit
I got a new basement, consider it free space for storing your pcb's!!!
Only If you do all the moving/lifting/categorizing/testing/cleaning. Oh and bring at least a 26 foot box truck, you might need to make a couple of trips. :D

Conversion (or a multi) should be extremely easy, just decrypt the graphics of the target, then re-encrypt with the donor cart. I believe the only encryption is on graphics ROMs.
No it works only in MAME. I've discovered header must be modified for the targeted security chip before re-encryption. Not sure if it's an additional check made by real hardware or used to set up some registers.
SUCCESS!

I haven't tested past booting/attract mode but with so little changed between the ROMs I can't imagine it wont work. :)
Finally! Thanks for your time and your patience.
So I was thinking about this a bit more... If that's the case then there are really only 4 security chips and a lot of conversions could be done without any patching at all. I was under the impression there was way more variation.
Though this makes sense as I've found there are a lot of Mega System 32 carts for sale that have original Mask ROMs but no label, meaning the original ROM board likely died and they swapped onto a working ROM board for another game; it wouldn't be possible if there weren't options.

The "SS92047-01" and "SS92046-01" seems like ideal target chips for patching since both of these chips have games that are cheap/easy to find.
Security chip doesn't matter now, just go for the cheapest games.
If you make more conversions I'll gladly test them out for you. I believe I have ROM boards with each of the 4 security security chips above. I may need to order more sockets though :P
Thanks but encryption is now fully understood. Conversions are just a click on a button now.
Awesome stuff guys. :thumbsup:

So....could this possibly lead to a multi board of sorts??
Absolutely.
@Apocalypse

Found the crate :)

Now I can send you a set of boards.
Sorry, missed your message. :huh:
I'm ready :) :thumbsup:

Thanks but encryption is now fully understood. Conversions are just a click on a button now.
Thank you for your work and patience as well. :)

I'm very interested in this "button" you speak of as I now have a few conversions to do. :D

Thank you for your work and patience as well. :)
I'm very interested in this "button" you speak of as I now have a few conversions to do. :D
I can't really release my tools as they are the "know-how" of my company.
I've got all romsets re-encrypted for any security chip (took few minutes to build on my computer), I'll release them as soon as I can "secure" a boardset before demand skyrockets :D
(Maybe it's too late with the latest discovery and announcements made :S ).

Back