What's new
think your already too late m32 pcb's have tripled in price on YAJ in the last month - just as I need to buy a replacement one as when I tried mine it's as dead as a dodo.

Was able to find an affordable pcb ready for whatever the future holds for this! Prices on YAJ were insane. I found this one by searching the game names only on ebay. Arrived today from Cypres. ;)

3446p2w.jpg

Was able to find an affordable pcb ready for whatever the future holds for this! Prices on YAJ were insane. I found this one by searching the game names only on ebay. Arrived today from Cypres. ;)

3446p2w.jpg
Tetris Plus is a really great game. I had it running at my last arcade party and there was a Vs Mode rally going that drew a crowd.

at last.... managed to pickup an m32 main oard from yaj. Watch the price drop back down to $60.

Was that you that snagged the Game Heaven cart and main board earlier today? I didn't bid as I have all the carts I'm interested in but that went for a decent price.

Even when I got into this hardware last year when they were "cheaper" working main boards alone were still going for about Y10,000 to Y13,000

yes - mine, all mine.....

Goes with the two Tetris carts I already have.

think your already too late m32 pcb's have tripled in price on YAJ in the last month - just as I need to buy a replacement one as when I tried mine it's as dead as a dodo.
Sure I am if people are hoarding in the hope of a multi or patched files I would release. ;)

But I should be good, Derick2k came to the rescue, so I think the whole community can say a big "thank you" to him. :thumbsup:

So I attempted to convert my Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai II (v1.0) to P-47 Aces... This required socketing all of the 42-pin ICs.

I had assumed this would work with ROMs from MAME since the security chips use the same SS92048-01 protection chip...

unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. The game displays garbage on screen and there's a repetitive buzzing sound like the system is constantly rebooting. I've checked, and it's definitely not playing blind.

I've re-dumped and verified all of the program ROMs are correct (I haven't done the graphics ROMs yet ). I also looked over Derick2k's photos for P-47 Aces and I don't see any differences in jumpers or resistor or caps or anything.

putting the original Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai ROMs back in the board works perfectly so I know my sockets are good.

Also interestingly the garbage on screen is different depending on which mobo I place the cart in.
in my "good working" mobo it's a mostly black scren with some random green flickering dots (that flash with the re-boot sound) and a few tiles colored orange. On the "mobo that doesn't work with Desert War" the screen is covered in static gray tiles with a few that flicker with the re-boot sound (completely different look/behaviour from when I was testing Tetris Plus).

If anyone has any ideas on what's going on, or how to troubleshoot this further I'd be interested to hear them :)

ROMs sizes are different between those two games, maybe a jumper issue?
Or wrong chip type used, can you list what you have used for each file?

maybe a jumper issue?
I compared jumpers on my ROM board with the pictures that Derick2k posted and they're the same. Actually I've looked over all of his pictures and I haven't noticed any games that use anything other than the default Jumpers.

can you list what you have used for each file?
27c160: IC1, IC2, IC3, IC9 IC10, IC11, IC12, IC13, IC14, IC15
27c800: IC4, IC16
27c020: IC21
27c040: IC26, IC27, IC28, IC29, IC30

@Derick2k Received the boardsets thanks again!

Both motherboards work however one of the romboards passes all RAM tests on boot up then reboots.
I first thought the game was Best Bout Boxing as we discussed about it in PM but it's not.

I've dumped the ROMs and the ones for the main CPU code don't match anything known in MAME.
I've created in new entry in MAME and after recompiling game works and is actually an undumped version (1.2 on program ROMs) of Hayaoshi Quiz Nettou Namahousou.
I'm going to send the dumps to dumping union.

Now this raises the question: does this game require extra hardware to boot on real hardware?

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, grabbed the wrong rom board. Is it the the one with the security chip mounted on separate daughter board?

I thought only the mahjong games needed the additional board attached to the motherboard to work?! I can still send you the BBB rom board.

Damn, grabbed the wrong rom board. Is it the the one with the security chip mounted on separate daughter board?

I thought only the mahjong games needed the additional board attached to the motherboard to work?! I can still send you the BBB rom board.
Yes it has the security chip on a small daughterboard. Do yes need/want it back?
It's not really a problem for my work I'd just like to know if it's faulty or not before spending time on it.
I guess I could quickly burn BBB ROMs to confirm it's at least able to boot.

BTW I forgot to say your packaging was incredibly professional and on par with Japanese companies. First time I see that outside of Japan, really. :thumbsup:

Yes it has the security chip on a small daughterboard. Do yes need/want it back?
It's not really a problem for my work I'd just like to know if it's faulty or not before spending time on it.
I guess I could quickly burn BBB ROMs to confirm it's at least able to boot.
I never got to test that board, so I wouldnt know if it was faulty or not. I think I mixed it up with the Best Bout Boxing (I thought that was the only one I had with the security chip mounted on the daughterboard) So you can keep that one if it works for you or you cans send it back when you ship me your next multi release :)

I can still send you that BBB if you want it.
BTW I forgot to say your packaging was incredibly professional and on par with Japanese companies. First time I see that outside of Japan, really.
Thank you, gotta make sure stuff arrives safe, specially with such low declared values :D

Back