What's new
I think a ribbon cable could be run alongside the cart conector, I just need to find some bare cable to verify.

Also, the multi would still work with all the games, the only thing is that the games that require the additional board would not boot, correct?
Technically correct... though it's worth noting: games that DONT use the daughterboard, such as Tetris Plus, WILL NOT boot if the daughterboard is connected, the service manual even has a page dedicated to showing you how to remove it.
So if the multi supported 100% of the games, you'd be swapping that sub-board on and off depending on which game you were playing.

I don't know about World PK Soccer, but the mahjong games are meant to be played only with a mahjong panel, AFAIK there's no joystick option, hence the need for the sub-board.
Well, in that case you have to buy 2 multis, 2 motherboards, 2 donor carts. 1 set for the games that need the add-on boards and the other for the ones that dont :D

Well, in that case you have to buy 2 multis, 2 motherboards, 2 donor carts. 1 set for the games that need the add-on boards and the other for the ones that dont
3pnhdz.jpg

the part number on that chip on the right is: LB1234 4X0
It seems grandpa has lost his glasses ;)
ICs reference is the first thing I looked at, they are all standard parts widely available, the one on the right is a very common op. amp. LM324.
Well, in that case you have to buy 2 multis, 2 motherboards, 2 donor carts. 1 set for the games that need the add-on boards and the other for the ones that dont :D
Or you unplug the additional daughter boards from games not booting when installed. Honestly given the fact this multi requires SD or USB for storage it makes no difference supporting the whole library.

It seems grandpa has lost his glasses
ICs reference is the first thing I looked at, they are all standard parts widely available, the one on the right is a very common op. amp. LM324.
maybe that's what yours says, but mine definitely says LB1234
LB1234.jpg

I mean I suppose it could be an I rather than a 1 but there's definitely no M in there :P

Definitely a LB1234, probably used to drive inductive loads, ex...lamps, relays, etc...needing higher voltage/current. Do some mahjong control panels light up?

Edit: Found the datasheet

Attachments

• datasheet LB1234.pdf
    84.2 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
@twistedsymphony Have you tried any of the mahjong games? I dont have a mahjong cp to test with.
Curious to see what the sub board is driving at the cp/jamma edge.
Maybe copying the entire sub boards is not needed, maybe just one of the components or a jumper somewhere is need to tell the MB/game to boot.

Last edited:

I mean I suppose it could be an I rather than a 1 but there's definitely no M in there :P
Sorry about that I really thought you misread the ref. but it turns out I'm the grandpa. I can confirm mine also has a LB1234.
Shame on me ;(

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry about that I really thought you misread the ref. but it turns out I'm the grandpa. I can confirm mine also has a LB1234.Shame on me ;(
Just means you working overtime, gotta let the your vision rest, take a break for a few ;)

Curious to see what the sub board is driving at the cp/jamma edge.
Do some mahjong control panels light up?
They don't light up. But, the way mahjong panels are wired it does does require outputs. because there are so many buttons they're wired in a matrix and the game polls different button banks one at a time, hence why you need outputs and mahjong uses a differently pinned edge connector.

As for why the Quiz game and Wold PK Soccer need it? No idea. Maybe it's also a network interface for multi cab setups?

@twistedsymphony Have you tried any of the mahjong games? I dont have a mahjong cp to test with.
I have a fully rebuilt panel for E29 but I haven't built a harness for it yet, mostly because it needs that different edge connector and I haven't worked out the most streamlined way to build a harness to adapt that in my cab. so I've been unable to play any mahjong games that use a panel. I was also trying to buy a Net City Mahjong panel from @penrhos but he never got back to me :P

The E29 has a large plug just downstream of the JAMMA edge connector that I believe is meant to allow you to disconnect the JAMMA connector and swap on a different connector (such as a mahjong one, or maybe older types). This would be the best way to integrate the mahjong wiring but I've yet to figure out where to get the mating connector for this, or if I even can get a mating connector for it. Here's a picture of it (the blue connector on the right)
index.php

Sorry about that I really thought you misread the ref. but it turns out I'm the grandpa. I can confirm mine also has a LB1234.
Shame on me
no harm ;)

They don't light up. But, the way mahjong panels are wired it does does require outputs. because there are so many buttons they're wired in a matrix and the game polls different button banks one at a time, hence why you need outputs and mahjong uses a differently pinned edge connect
Found these pinouts in one of my manuals, you probably have these. Everything gets almost completely changed around.

rafmfm1hzb7380r7g.jpg

kwydjpcz3c359457g.jpg

Found these pinouts in one of my manuals, you probably have these. Everything gets almost completely changed around.
yeah I have the pinouts, it's just a matter of figuring out the cleanest way to implement it in my cab without mucking up the existing wiring.

yeah I have the pinouts, it's just a matter of figuring out the cleanest way to implement it in my cab without mucking up the existing wiring.
Can you find out who makes the blue connector?? They might still be available.

Can you find out who makes the blue connector?? They might still be available.
I've looked, but I haven't been able to find anything. It's kind of a weird connector, the pins are very large and cylindrical with flat tips, and spring loaded. They make contact on the tips of the pins as opposed to the sides.

I attempted to convert my Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai II (v1.0) to P-47 Aces... This required socketing all of the 42-pin ICs.

I had assumed this would work with ROMs from MAME since the security chips use the same SS92048-01 protection chip...

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. The game displays garbage on screen and there's a repetitive buzzing sound like the system is constantly rebooting. I've checked, and it's definitely not playing blind.
Has anyone else attempted any of these cart conversions? I still can't figure out why mine isn't working.

No, but I just joined the M32 club, but sadly I got the stupid game with mine, need that Tetris, or a shooter...

Any updates to this multi? :)

I got the stupid game with mine
what game is that?

Based on the protection chip these are the games you can theoretically convert to:

-- ss91022_10 Protection Chip
1995, desertwr, "Desert War / Wangan Sensou (ver 1.0)"
1995, gametngk, "The Game Paradise - Master of Shooting! / Game Tengoku - The Game Paradise (ver 1.0)"
1996, gratiaa, "Gratia - Second Earth (ver 1.0, 91022-10 version)"
1997, tp2m32, "Tetris Plus 2 (ver 1.0, MegaSystem 32 Version)"

--ss92046_01 Protection Chip
1994, bbbxing, "Best Bout Boxing (ver 1.3)"
1994, hayaosi2, "Hayaoshi Quiz Grand Champion Taikai"
1994, hayaosi3, "Hayaoshi Quiz Nettou Namahousou (ver 1.5)"
1994, hayaosi3a, "Hayaoshi Quiz Nettou Namahousou (ver 1.2)"
1995, tetrisp, "Tetris Plus (ver 1.0)"
1996, wpksocv2, "World PK Soccer V2 (ver 1.1)"
1997, bnstars, "Vs. Janshi Brandnew Stars (Ver 1.1, MegaSystem32 Version)"

--ss92047_01 Protection Chip
1995, akiss, "Mahjong Angel Kiss (ver 1.0)"
1996, gratia, "Gratia - Second Earth (ver 1.0, 92047-01 version)"
1996, kirarast, "Ryuusei Janshi Kirara Star"

--ss92048_01 Protection Chip
1995, p47aces, "P-47 Aces"
1994, suchie2, "Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai II (ver 1.1)"
1994, suchie2o, "Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai II (ver 1.0)"

Though I should note mu suchie2 to P47aces doesn't seem to work :-/

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, but it’s Ryuusei Janshi Kirara Star, and as I said, I should grab another game!

Back