What's new
Link to game pcb pics I have on hand, waiting for a few more to get here. Best Bout Boxing seems to be sold without a shell.

Jaleco MS32 Cart/PCB Pics - Mega Link
You should compare these rom labels to the mame driver because it looks like you have undumped revisions. For example just from a quick glance your Hayaoshi is revision 1.2 and your P-47 Aces is revision 1.1.
https://git.redump.net/mame/tree/src/mame/drivers/ms32.cpp

Everyone should do this with every game in their collection to be frank.
I havent gotten around to doing this yet, Im still waiting for more carts to arrive.

So far I think Im only missing 5 carts in total to complete the collection, out of those the only one I wish I could get is super strong warriors

Last edited:
Super Strong Warriors was probably never released. Rom chips (probably of a proto version) were found so your closest bet is going to be making a conversion once that is sorted out.

This is what looks to be needed/checked in your pics:
-Hayoshi Quiz Nettou Namahousou: Board is Ver1.2 MAME is v1.5
-P-47 Aces: Board is v1.1 MAME is unknown/probably 1.0
-Second Earth Gratia – MR94019-07 at 10 (IC12) needs redumping as a 16M chip

Last edited:
I picked up some Mahjong games on YAJ. opened them up and it seems that my Angel Kiss uses a different security chip than Derick2k's
Angel Kiss:
SS92046-01 9412EV 450891 06441

ak_small.jpg

This is the same security chip used by Tetris Plus according to MAME.

Also fun-fact: None of the Mahjong games will boot without the little sub-PCB that plugs into the bottom of the main board.

For those who are interested here are the re-encrypted graphic ROMs (gfx3 = background and gfx4 = texts) for Gratia (set gratia, security chip ss92047_01) on Tetris Plus (romset tetrisp, security chip SS92046_01).

http://www.filedropper.com/gratiaontp

I've tested them in MAME without any issue but won't provide any support for them until I can test things on real hardware (which should happen in March when I'll be back home, thanks to the boardset donated by Derick2k).

More to come in the future (either all the possible re-encryption combinations or decrypted romsets if a way is found to run them on real hardware).
Has anyone tested my files on real hardware?
Is interest still there for conversions or even a multi?

For those who are interested here are the re-encrypted graphic ROMs (gfx3 = background and gfx4 = texts) for Gratia (set gratia, security chip ss92047_01) on Tetris Plus (romset tetrisp, security chip SS92046_01).

I've tested them in MAME without any issue but won't provide any support for them until I can test things on real hardware (which should happen in March when I'll be back home, thanks to the boardset donated by Derick2k).

More to come in the future (either all the possible re-encryption combinations or decrypted romsets if a way is found to run them on real hardware).
Has anyone tested my files on real hardware?Is interest still there for conversions or even a multi?
I'm still interested. I only have Desert war...but I would love to play Gratia and the other shmups.

I'm still interested. I only have Desert war...but I would love to play Gratia and the other shmups.
If I prepare files to convert your Desert War to Gratia, would you be able to test them?
I'm pretty confident it should work as only graphic chips are impacted and my files work fine in MAME.
What's the version of your game (probably best taking a picture of the romboard with the shell removed)?

I'm very interested in these conversions as well as a multi. IIRC When you first posted up the converted Gratia set I didn't have any carts with the right security module. I'll need to check again. There are a quite a few Mahjong games on this system that go for cheap so those are likely the best donors for conversion.

Looking through the photos that @Derick2k posted he seemed to have a few games with security modules that didn't match MAME, and I believe I have a few that don't match as well. I think Jaleco released games with whatever security chips they had laying around so there are likely some conversions possible with un-patched ROMs if we can get enough of these variations dumped.

I should set aside some time to go through my carts and take note of which security chips they have.

I'm interested in the idea of a multi, but personally don't have enough carts/time/money to care about conversions right now. Too many projects to keep up with and my schedule has ramped up like crazy this past month and will remain that way for the foreseeable future.

I'm super excited to see that there's progress being made though! I dig this platform.

I'm very interested in these conversions as well as a multi. IIRC When you first posted up the converted Gratia set I didn't have any carts with the right security module. I'll need to check again. There are a quite a few Mahjong games on this system that go for cheap so those are likely the best donors for conversion.

Looking through the photos that @Derick2k posted he seemed to have a few games with security modules that didn't match MAME, and I believe I have a few that don't match as well. I think Jaleco released games with whatever security chips they had laying around so there are likely some conversions possible with un-patched ROMs if we can get enough of these variations dumped.

I should set aside some time to go through my carts and take note of which security chips they have.
Tell me what you got and what you would like and I'll prepare the files for you to test on real hardware.

Has anyone tested my files on real hardware?Is interest still there for conversions or even a multi?
I looked to do it but it's a lot of sockets to add. The spots are there but have to be cleared, so much annoyance. I'll probably test it at some point, but I am certainly still interested in a multi regardless.

I looked to do it but it's a lot of sockets to add. The spots are there but have to be cleared, so much annoyance. I'll probably test it at some point, but I am certainly still interested in a multi regardless.
With the right tools it's a breeze. Anyone in your area who could do it for you?

P.S.: I still think there's a way to use decrypted files by moving/closing some jumpers next to the security chip.

Tell me what you got and what you would like and I'll prepare the files for you to test on real hardware
SS92047-01 9425EV 367821 06441 - Angel Kiss , Socketed ICs: 1-4,10-11,13-16,21-23,26-30 would be Good for Gratia
SS92047-01 9425EV 367821 06441 - Kirara Star, Socketed ICs: 1-4,9-12,13-16,21-23,26-30 would be Good for P47 Aces
^I'm pretty sure with those games on those donors I wont need to do any Desoldering.

I also have an Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai II which has no socketed Mask ROMs So if anything think Tetris Plus 2 would be a good conversion for this since it has very few mask roms to replace.
SS92048-01 9401EV 436091 06441 - Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai II (Mask ROMs not socketed) -> Tetris Plus 2

and I have an original Desert War that reboots after a minute or so of play. The PCB Looks pristine, I've verified all the ROMs, replaced the caps and reflowed all the through hole sockets and so that just leaves the 74 series logic and the security chip. If you do find a way to run the security decrypted this would be a good test board for that. I think.
SS91022-10 9513EV 367821 06441 - Desert War (NOT WORKING)

Crap, I didnt send a boardset out to @Apocalypse...gotta do. Sorry man, been behind the 8 ball most of this year with real life stuff.

Definitely would love to see a multi for this system since I have almost a complete collection (need downsize) or at least conversions roms.

Tell me what you got and what you would like and I'll prepare the files for you to test on real hardware
SS92047-01 9425EV 367821 06441 - Angel Kiss , Socketed ICs: 1-4,10-11,13-16,21-23,26-30 would be Good for Gratia
SS92047-01 9425EV 367821 06441 - Kirara Star, Socketed ICs: 1-4,9-12,13-16,21-23,26-30 would be Good for P47 Aces
^I'm pretty sure with those games on those donors I wont need to do any Desoldering.

I also have an Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai II which has no socketed Mask ROMs So if anything think Tetris Plus 2 would be a good conversion for this since it has very few mask roms to replace.
SS92048-01 9401EV 436091 06441 - Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai II (Mask ROMs not socketed) -> Tetris Plus 2

and I have an original Desert War that reboots after a minute or so of play. The PCB Looks pristine, I've verified all the ROMs, replaced the caps and reflowed all the through hole sockets and so that just leaves the 74 series logic and the security chip. If you do find a way to run the security decrypted this would be a good test board for that. I think.
SS91022-10 9513EV 367821 06441 - Desert War (NOT WORKING)
Romset gratia already uses the SS92047-01 security chip so nothing to convert here.
So you're going to play Tetris Plus :D

Crap, I didnt send a boardset out to @Apocalypse...gotta do. Sorry man, been behind the 8 ball most of this year with real life stuff.

Definitely would love to see a multi for this system since I have almost a complete collection (need downsize) or at least conversions roms.
I know that too well, I'm not going to blame you. ;)
That's very generous of you, I can wait some more.

@twistedsymphony here are the files to convert your Angel Kiss or Kirara Star to Tetris Plus:

http://www.filedropper.com/tpss92047-01

Just use files from romset tetrisp except for files .10 and .30 where you must use my patched files
Works perfectly in MAME.

[EDIT]
Given the socketed chips on your Angel Kiss that's probably a solderless job if you use it as donor (or are there jumpers to be moved?).

@twistedsymphony here are the files to convert your Angel Kiss or Kirara Star to Tetris Plus:

filedropper.com/tpss92047-01

Just use files from romset tetrisp except for files .10 and .30 where you must use my patched files
Works perfectly in MAME.

[EDIT]
Given the socketed chips on your Angel Kiss that's probably a solderless job if you use it as donor (or are there jumpers to be moved?).
So it seems I only had 1 spare 27c040 BUT I have an original Tetris Plus cart. so I burned your two ROMs and then used the rest of the original ICs from my testris plus on my Angel Kiss PCB.

And it doesn't work... I get static on the screen like an old TV searching for a signal.

I double checked that all the ROMs were in the correct locations, I re-dumped your two ROMs and verified that they were programmed correctly. And double checked that my main board boots properly with a different cart. I did also verify the Angel Kiss cart before I pulled any of the original ROMs. I even tried using the Mahjong sub-board (since the Mahjong games wont boot unless it's installed) and there was no change...

EDIT: I double checked the jumpers between Angel Kiss and Tetris Plus and they're identical, the PCB number is identical as well. FWIW I have yet to see any of these PCBs with modified jumpers.

Last edited:
Back