Jaleco Mega System 32 cart conversions??

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I think a ribbon cable could be run alongside the cart conector, I just need to find some bare cable to verify.
      "Information wants to be free"
      VOOT | RFM | Kraylix V3 | FiF Jr. | KI2 | UMK3 | E29 | E29| TOTD | DDR
      Follow my projects on Instagram: instagram.com/twistedchu

Buy my 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com
    • twistedsymphony wrote:

Derick2k wrote:

Also, the multi would still work with all the games, the only thing is that the games that require the additional board would not boot, correct?
      Technically correct... though it's worth noting: games that DONT use the daughterboard, such as Tetris Plus, WILL NOT boot if the daughterboard is connected, the service manual even has a page dedicated to showing you how to remove it.
      So if the multi supported 100% of the games, you'd be swapping that sub-board on and off depending on which game you were playing.

I don't know about World PK Soccer, but the mahjong games are meant to be played only with a mahjong panel, AFAIK there's no joystick option, hence the need for the sub-board.
      Well, in that case you have to buy 2 multis, 2 motherboards, 2 donor carts. 1 set for the games that need the add-on boards and the other for the ones that dont :D
      Cabs: Vewlix C x4, Groove Coaster 3, ID7, DinoKing, Swing, Capcom Cute
      Multis: CPS1│CPS2│CPS3│ST-V│F3│GNET│TTX2│NAOMI│MVS
      Superguns: Jasen's MK30ADCAP│RGB's HASv3.1
      Displays: PVM 2950Q│Pioneer PDP-V402E│LG B6 65" Oled
      Scalers/Misc: OSSC│VP50Pro│Gscartsw │Hydra

Wanted Cabs: Egret 29, Egret II, AWSD
      Wanted Part: SFII Dynamo HS5 "Cut Corner" CP, Egret 29 Complete CP top (blue or red)
    • Derick2k wrote:

Well, in that case you have to buy 2 multis, 2 motherboards, 2 donor carts. 1 set for the games that need the add-on boards and the other for the ones that dont

• twistedsymphony wrote:

the part number on that chip on the right is: LB1234 4X0
      It seems grandpa has lost his glasses ;)
      ICs reference is the first thing I looked at, they are all standard parts widely available, the one on the right is a very common op. amp. LM324.

Derick2k wrote:

Well, in that case you have to buy 2 multis, 2 motherboards, 2 donor carts. 1 set for the games that need the add-on boards and the other for the ones that dont :D
      Or you unplug the additional daughter boards from games not booting when installed. Honestly given the fact this multi requires SD or USB for storage it makes no difference supporting the whole library.
      Selling files for conversions/desuicide on Sega System C2/Sega System 24/Sega System 32, Capcom CPS1, Irem M92/M107 and more (just ask)
      Money is reinvested in boards, parts and tools in order to release more stuff.
      Contact me through my blog: arcadefixer.blogspot.co.nz/
    • Apocalypse wrote:

It seems grandpa has lost his glasses
      ICs reference is the first thing I looked at, they are all standard parts widely available, the one on the right is a very common op. amp. LM324.
      maybe that's what yours says, but mine definitely says LB1234

I mean I suppose it could be an I rather than a 1 but there's definitely no M in there :P

• Definitely a LB1234, probably used to drive inductive loads, ex...lamps, relays, etc...needing higher voltage/current. Do some mahjong control panels light up?

Edit: Found the datasheet
      Files

Wanted Part: SFII Dynamo HS5 "Cut Corner" CP, Egret 29 Complete CP top (blue or red)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Derick2k ().

• @twistedsymphony Have you tried any of the mahjong games? I dont have a mahjong cp to test with.
      Curious to see what the sub board is driving at the cp/jamma edge.
      Maybe copying the entire sub boards is not needed, maybe just one of the components or a jumper somewhere is need to tell the MB/game to boot.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Derick2k ().

• twistedsymphony wrote:

I mean I suppose it could be an I rather than a 1 but there's definitely no M in there :P
      Sorry about that I really thought you misread the ref. but it turns out I'm the grandpa. I can confirm mine also has a LB1234.
      Shame on me
      Selling files for conversions/desuicide on Sega System C2/Sega System 24/Sega System 32, Capcom CPS1, Irem M92/M107 and more (just ask)
      Money is reinvested in boards, parts and tools in order to release more stuff.
      Contact me through my blog: arcadefixer.blogspot.co.nz/

The post was edited 4 times, last by Apocalypse ().

• Apocalypse wrote:

twistedsymphony wrote:

Sorry about that I really thought you misread the ref. but it turns out I'm the grandpa. I can confirm mine also has a LB1234.Shame on me
      Just means you working overtime, gotta let the your vision rest, take a break for a few ;)

• Derick2k wrote:

Curious to see what the sub board is driving at the cp/jamma edge.

Derick2k wrote:

Do some mahjong control panels light up?
      They don't light up. But, the way mahjong panels are wired it does does require outputs. because there are so many buttons they're wired in a matrix and the game polls different button banks one at a time, hence why you need outputs and mahjong uses a differently pinned edge connector.

As for why the Quiz game and Wold PK Soccer need it? No idea. Maybe it's also a network interface for multi cab setups?

Derick2k wrote:

@twistedsymphony Have you tried any of the mahjong games? I dont have a mahjong cp to test with.
      I have a fully rebuilt panel for E29 but I haven't built a harness for it yet, mostly because it needs that different edge connector and I haven't worked out the most streamlined way to build a harness to adapt that in my cab. so I've been unable to play any mahjong games that use a panel. I was also trying to buy a Net City Mahjong panel from @penrhos but he never got back to me :P

The E29 has a large plug just downstream of the JAMMA edge connector that I believe is meant to allow you to disconnect the JAMMA connector and swap on a different connector (such as a mahjong one, or maybe older types). This would be the best way to integrate the mahjong wiring but I've yet to figure out where to get the mating connector for this, or if I even can get a mating connector for it. Here's a picture of it (the blue connector on the right)

Apocalypse wrote:

Sorry about that I really thought you misread the ref. but it turns out I'm the grandpa. I can confirm mine also has a LB1234.
      Shame on me

no harm ;)

• twistedsymphony wrote:

They don't light up. But, the way mahjong panels are wired it does does require outputs. because there are so many buttons they're wired in a matrix and the game polls different button banks one at a time, hence why you need outputs and mahjong uses a differently pinned edge connect
      Found these pinouts in one of my manuals, you probably have these. Everything gets almost completely changed around.

• Derick2k wrote:

Found these pinouts in one of my manuals, you probably have these. Everything gets almost completely changed around.
      yeah I have the pinouts, it's just a matter of figuring out the cleanest way to implement it in my cab without mucking up the existing wiring.

• twistedsymphony wrote:

Derick2k wrote:

yeah I have the pinouts, it's just a matter of figuring out the cleanest way to implement it in my cab without mucking up the existing wiring.
      Can you find out who makes the blue connector?? They might still be available.

• Derick2k wrote:

Can you find out who makes the blue connector?? They might still be available.
      I've looked, but I haven't been able to find anything. It's kind of a weird connector, the pins are very large and cylindrical with flat tips, and spring loaded. They make contact on the tips of the pins as opposed to the sides.