What's new
damn it I just use my extra arcade money on a metamorphic force pcb. I'll keep my eye on this just in case I get some disposable income

you could use an old IDE drive jumper to bridge the S-Video Cable and then tape up the end, it seems a lot more work to dig up one but seems more secure.
DN2VphK.jpg

ironically, the thing I demonstrated probably would make a bridge, would the capacitor wreck anything though?

Attachments

• DN2VphK.jpg
    DN2VphK.jpg
    808.2 KB · Views: 260
  • dea3541035fec3bdc0c25d5b27dddda8.jpg
    dea3541035fec3bdc0c25d5b27dddda8.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Hmmm....Im so excited about this, that I think I am gonna dedicate 4 boards for it instead of using the multis and have some nice CPS2 labels made for them. I might even paint the cases.

This thread makes me regret selling my original Tournament boards... :(
+1 ;(
...is there an effective limit on the S-Video length or can I use some of those 50ft monoprice S-video cables I have kicking around?
As Mitsu replied before, you can use some really long cables at they'll still work. However, I'd recommend as short (and as high/good quality) as possible

One of my shorter cables failed back in the day, and I seem to remember digging out the only replacement I could find - a 10metre cable - and seeing a bit of lag on that screen.
Not lag in the gameplay, as that takes place on each board, but in stuff like the attract sequence when screen 1,2 & 3 all showed the same, but screen 4 was just slightly behind in catching up.

I'd like a set of 4 too.

Just to confirm would you require 4 CPS2 boards of the same region? Or will it work with multiple regions as long as they have the same Tournament roms on board?

I'd like to order 4 please. Thank you :)

Does anyone have a better scan of the TB label for the CPS2??

I found this one online and tried to clean up a bit, but my graphics skills are just the worse.

Cps2_super_street_fighter_ii_tournament_battle_english_label.jpg

my attempt at cleaning it up
Repro_ssf2TB.jpg

I have 4 NC boards ready to be updated to TB and would like nice labels to go with them.

Patiently waiting for DS to make those comm boards.

That actually looks pretty solid considering the source image you're working with.

Thanks, If I cant get anything better it will have to do. So, will get some labels printed.

Back