What's new
^THAT^

and now the pic :)

10h6fep.jpg

I need to buy another CPS2 multi to get ready for these. Gonna have to send the 4 multis to Mitsu to update and install key writing jumpers.

what were all the other surface mount pads for?
I have four of the original TB pcbs. Two of them only have the one side populated that is used for communication. You will notice the dotted line going down the middle of the pcb. The one side is labeled as Tournament. This is the only side needed for tournament linking.

It is not known what the other side was used for. The two I have here that are populated have a battery and also the third S-video port attached which is labeled serial. It was rumored that the CPS2 system was also used in a "whack a mole" type game made by capcom. Perhaps it was used for driving a ticket dispenser? I hope one day to find one of those machines in a warehouse somewhere.

In the picture you will see three unpopulated pads on the tournament side. I actually had to buy the three chips and install them for the link pcb to work. I have no idea why the assembler did not install them. They are not uncommon components.

As an update for functionality they seem to be working but I need to get up with someone to test a set of four to make sure there are no issues. The only problem I see right now is a mechanical problem with the connector on our pcb. We will need to source a new one OR modify the pcb design to make the connector sit back a few more mm. Right now there is an excess in the gap of 2mm causing it to not fit in the B-board case. Also the original S-video ports have a round bezel around the plug that allows it to fit perfectly in the hole in the case. The ones we have now have a flat bezel. So we may need to move the S-video pads back 1.5mm so that it will fit in the case IF we can't find a supply of ports with the round bezel.

In the picture below you can see the original on top and the repro sample on the bottom.

2u4rmtu.jpg

Hi All,

I will post these in the for sale section, but wanted to give you a heads up here first as it will likely be of interest to you guys more than anyone.

I was hoping to order one of Darksofts Tournament Battle PCBs to complete my set and enable tournament play. I have however found myself short of funds (again...!) and realising that I will probably never actually use this I may as well sell off my 3 x Super SFII Tournament Battle boards.

Pics can be found in the below link (I didn't want to clutter the thread up too much).

https://ibb.co/album/kW0OFa

As I said, I will post these in the for sale section shortly, but feel free to message me if you're interested in them.

Cheers,

what were all the other surface mount pads for?
I have four of the original TB pcbs. Two of them only have the one side populated that is used for communication. You will notice the dotted line going down the middle of the pcb. The one side is labeled as Tournament. This is the only side needed for tournament linking.
It is not known what the other side was used for. The two I have here that are populated have a battery and also the third S-video port attached which is labeled serial. It was rumored that the CPS2 system was also used in a "whack a mole" type game made by capcom. Perhaps it was used for driving a ticket dispenser? I hope one day to find one of those machines in a warehouse somewhere.

In the picture you will see three unpopulated pads on the tournament side. I actually had to buy the three chips and install them for the link pcb to work. I have no idea why the assembler did not install them. They are not uncommon components.

As an update for functionality they seem to be working but I need to get up with someone to test a set of four to make sure there are no issues. The only problem I see right now is a mechanical problem with the connector on our pcb. We will need to source a new one OR modify the pcb design to make the connector sit back a few more mm. Right now there is an excess in the gap of 2mm causing it to not fit in the B-board case. Also the original S-video ports have a round bezel around the plug that allows it to fit perfectly in the hole in the case. The ones we have now have a flat bezel. So we may need to move the S-video pads back 1.5mm so that it will fit in the case IF we can't find a supply of ports with the round bezel.
Bought a bag of these from a local electronics flee market thing, they look similar to the ones used by capcom, but obviously these look to be lower quality :(

IMG_0309.jpg

Hey derick, how are the the labels coming along?
On queue, I havent forgotten about those :)

I have more artwork/labels to get printed, so I am trying to get them all in on one order, the more I give them to do the lower cost the labels get. I'll send you some when I get them.

I believe the ones that Capcom used were Hosiden parts. I was able to find some but I don't think I will be able to find the grey ones anymore. The original had one black and one grey. They will both need to be black probably.

just wanted to check in and see if there is any new news. things have been quiet for a while

I must have this. Hopefully when this is done, I hope that we can get someone to make a modified version with ST/GMC. I definitely want a set. I have some donor boards as well ready to be multied when the time comes. I have one multi now, one on order. When I get my hands on this, I'll get two more multi boards. The cabinets are in place, so I just need to wait for this to happen.

I haven't been able to go and retest. The first test failed but we suspect we have faulty/fake ICs. When I can I'll be swapping parts around to see If i can get it to work. I doubt we have a routing issue.

I'm real psyched for this, but I still hold hope for anyone to graft Super Street Fighter 2 X to Tournament Battle, or any of the fighting games on CPS2.

Back