What's new

Rabunis

Beginner
Reaction score
I was looking around some other threads and couldn't find this particular problem but please point me in the right direction if you know where I should look!

I've installed the CPS2 multi on a pheonixed Vampire Savior board which had the pal chip and jumpers set up correctly as far as I can tell. Some pics of the board:

GKNS

HMp4

I've tried the most recent CPS2 roll up pack on 2 different SD cards, one 4gb and one 16gb, both had the same issue.

It seems like only the hacked roms load and they work great:

Sdgf

But if I try to load any non hack roms (this is Street Fighter Alpha), I get a black screen:

37-1

I've tried shorting the EXC5 component several times but maybe I'm just doing it wrong (still kinda new to all this ?( ) I've tried touching a wire and a piece of metal across the 3 prongs with the power off and holding it there for 10 seconds but same issue persists.

mDX2

Any ideas? Also maybe of note, I haven't wired it for auto reset yet if that makes a difference :D

You are probably using the older firmware that only allows decrypted games to run, whereas the newest rollup pack has encrypted ROMs.

See this page for more info:
New CPS2 Multigame Firmware with Key Writing!!!!!!

Your options are either:
A) Use the older rollup pack that has decrypted ROMs only
B) Upgrade to the latest firmware and setup the key programming wires.

You also need to install the 4 wires required for key writing if you want to run the original/encrypted ROM set :)

Edit: kuze already mentioned that

Back