What's new

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I'll use this thread to list any controls and their model numbers that can be modified for use with the S-JIHP. List them and I will add them to the original post.

Wheels:

Logitech Wingman Formula GP 863175-0000
Carl Edwards Racing TV Game by Excalibur Electronics ---- requires heavy modding but an excellent wheel. Uses hand pedals.
Roadstar PS2 wheel (Roadstar PS2 TEC951) --- Same as above but the modding is a bit more complex.

Joysticks:

Logitech Wingman Model #3001
IBM 76H1571

S-JIHP? No. You can still connect the FFB to the outputs on the I/O itself however. The S-JIHP handles control inputs only.

Have you checked with the IBM 76H1571 and S-JIHP and if it works with Sega Strike Fighter?
Haven't tried this game yet, but thought it would be cool if the flightstick worked with this game. Any other Naomi 1/2 games that would work with the flightstick and the S-JIHP? Airline Pilots?
Thanks.

The joystick will work for all flying games that use a Sega JVS I/O. But to play strike fighter and Airline pilots you also need a foot rudder control. I recommend trying to find a hand throttle to mod also since the throttle pot on the few sticks I have modded are VERY sensitive.

Mitsurugi-w, have you had any luck modding anything to work with Monkey Ball?

Hey Mitsurugi-w can you post pics of the inside of the ibm joystick you rewired?

Last edited:
Hey Mitsurugi-w can you post pics of the inside of the ibm joystick you rewired
MJNKwxR.jpg

uiLKG1E.jpg

yJpREYB.jpg

CJjtTuM.jpg

FliIy8V.jpg

green wire is the 5v that you connected up to each pot and then to second spot in from right on the small pcb? Was there any other changes you made?

The ground and 5v are both daisy chained. Don't think I needed to make any other changes. It's been awhile. Maybe the analog wire needed to be moved to the middle post on the pots?

looks like u moved the red wire to the right side post on the (when looking at the top pic) bottom and right pots. Moved the blue wire from the right side pot to the middle post and then green wire is daisy chained on left side post of all the pots?

Sorry for all the questions the wiring doesnt make much sense the original way its done, for example red left left middle posts daisy chained

Yes. For arcade use the 5v needs to be on one outside post, ground on the other, and analog wire on the middle.

PC gets value a different way through software I guess. Someone smarter than me might be able to find a way to use them without modification.

I forgot to mention that on the IBM stick, it will not work if one of the two switches is in a certain position. I'm pretty sure it's the left switch.

well just rewired it. Will hook it up and see if i melt it lol. I noticed the switches lucky for me the manual came with it to kind of explain what they are.

Last edited:
Afterburner Climax on my lindbergh. What other systems you using urs on? Got a revolution x gun on its way to mod next.

Afterburner is one of the games I used while developing the S-JIHP.

I use mine every day for Lindbergh, Chihiro, Triforce, System 246/256 (some games), Taito Type X2, System 369, and soon Ringedge once I get a Rev 3 I/O.

what gun games work with your modified revolution x gun and S-JIHP?

I've played HOTD2, Rambo, any Naomi gun game, HOTD3 and 4, Virtua Cop 3, etc. There are a lot of them that will work that I have not tried.

Back