What's new

Do you currently own a Naomi Netboot/CF setup?

• Total voters

Brentradio

Champion
Reaction score
This poll is not whether you would buy a Darksoft Multi for the Naomi if one is ever created, that thread is HERE.

This poll is whether you already own a Naomi Net-boot set up (this includes a GD-Rom, CF reader, or RasPi or computer).

And if you don't own a Naomi Net-Boot setup, would a Darksoft Multicart make you want to own a Naomi setup?

Thank you for your input!

:D

I own a Naomi Net-Boot setup with RasPi. And I love it.

:D

P.S. Thank you to the poll gods...

I hate the netdimm setup with a passion, I literally want to smash them to bits and set them on fire.

I keep the netdimm for sake of keeping it in the collection, I do not use it at all, bought the carts for the games that I like.

If Darksoft make a multi cart for the Naomi, I think it will have very good sales:
A naomi can be had dirt cheap compared to other systems ( on average $30-65 for a naomi 1)
Has a large library of games.
It would not need all the other crap that goes with a netdimm setup,
no special power supply to provide the 1.21 gigawatts these freaking things seem to need.
Would eliminate tons of dumb crashing errors on the netdimm, etc...

Q: Do you currently own a Naomi Netboot/CF setup?
A: No

Expanded explanation: I did... I literally gave it (refused to collect even 0.01$ for it) away it sucked so badly. ;)

I wonder if there exist someone here who never had a Naomi setup :D

Owned one in the past, but honestly not interested in it anymore with or without a multi or netboot/pi.

but honestly not interested in it anymore with or without a multi or netboot/pi
Genuinely shocking, I personally feel Naomi has one of the largest and best game library of any arcade system.

I'd rank it 4th in fact...
  1. CPS1
  2. CPS2
  3. MVS
  4. Naomi

Naomi fans-educate me. I already own a Dreamcast with a USB-GDROM ODE installed. I’m not seeing anything in the Naomi library that’s leaping out at me as a reason to justify owning one as well. Am I overlooking anything?

well, the ports are not 1:1 ports, it's not like the Saturn, Naomi hardware is slightly more powerful than the dreamcast.

Not only are the Dreamcast arcade ports missing frames of animation, you can't play Capcom Vs. SNK 2 in english on Dreamcast. ;)

There are a few games just on naomi... Manomoro and akatsuki blitzkamf (I spelled both of these horribly wrong) come to mind. Also some ported to other consoles like takoron and kuru chameleon (both great puzzle games). Manomoro I think also got some xbox360 game(s).

Also, arcade hardware / loading games from ram, not optical drive, is cool.

Naomis (with dimm especially) are best and easiest in JVS cabs like net city. Plug and play with adjustable 5v and 3.3v.

I have a Naomi system with a GD-Rom drive that I use to play CvS2. It is awesome once it finally works, but getting it to work is a huge pain. It will frequently freeze in the "loading game" or "checking memory" setup or displays errors 21 and rarely 22 when it does happen to finish. Typically I have to cycle the power 10-20 times before it is finally successful which can take 20-30 minutes. I suspect that my dimm board may be the culprit but am not sure how to be certain.

I also own a MvC2 cart which happily works every time, so in short I think that a dark soft cart would be the bees knee's. Keeping my fingers crossed that it happens :thumbsup:

Anyone with Naomi CF boot stuff they despise and want to donate, please feel free to PM me!!

I must have lucked out with my NetDIMM, I've never had a single problem with it. Came with my cab, plugged it all in, and it worked first time and every time since nearly 3 years later. I love it. A DS Multi would be nice but since I've had no problems and it wouldn't be significantly faster than just loading a new game through the RasPi, I wouldn't see the point for me to get one.

I wonder if there exist someone here who never had a Naomi setup :D
Never had one, specifically because the setup needed with the all the dimms and IO boards and power supply requirements and blah blah seems like too much hassle. Arcade setups are bad enough normally.

I would literally bet you US currency that if you replaced and/or adjusted your power supply, your setup would work every time.
Is there a guide for doing this. I am good at following instructions, but haven't been able to find a guide with any of my searches. I have a Sun Electronics power supply model 400-5397-01.

specifically because the setup needed with the all the dimms and IO boards and power supply requirements
^ He nailed it!
This is what makes Naomi suck.

The best setup you can have IMO is a Capcom IO and a game cart.

Back