What's new

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
THIS IS A REPRODUCTION PROJECT MADE BY @caius ALL INFORMATION HAS BEEN POSTED WITH HIS PERMISION. CREDIT AND MERIT GOES TO HIM.

This is another little reproduction project that arose during my repairs.
Some time ago I came across an Heavy Unit PCB which played fine except for the inputs that were not working.This had an explanation:
RSCN2403.jpg

This SIL custom (in ZIP46 package) marked ‘MC-8282’ was broken in half.Like the silkscreening tells, this custom handles all the inputs.I looked into my spares and found some Kaneko boards that used a similar custom with same number of pins but marked ‘MC-1091’ instead :
MC-1091_.jpg

I tried it in my board and all inputs were working again so I came to the conlcusion that the ‘MC-8282’ and the ‘MC-1091’ are essentially the same.Not happy enough, I decided to try to reproduce it.As always in this case, I first ‘stripped off’ the component by removing its coating and did some hi-res scans:
MC-1091_stripped.jpg

As you can see from above picture, the designers pratically embedded in a single component a typical inputs circuit that can be found on many arcade boards.Techinically we can think of this custom like a big multiplexer made of four 74SL253 TTLs which receive on their inputs the signals from JAMMA edge connector.Obviously there is a common output enable signal and two selection ones as well.All other parts are printed film resistors (the black squares, the tiny ones are for pull-up), ceramic capacitors (for by-pass and signal filtering) and a couple of SOT-23 parts which I was able to identify as dual common cathode diodes :
DSCN2419.jpg

I fired up my multimeter in continuity check and in some time figured out the design so I made some rough prototyping on a breadboard:
DSCN2422.jpg

I had success so I start to draw schematics.I intentionally omitted some not vital parts (like the many ceramic capacitors) and used SMD resistors arrays, this allowed me to save room on PCB layout and keep the same dimensions as the original part.I sent the design to manufacturer and received the bare PCBs after some weeks:
repro.jpg

I assembled a unit:
assembled-_unit.jpg

and installed it on PCB:
RSCN2851.jpg

Testing was successful, all the inputs of both players (plus SERVICE ) were correctly mapped and working:

For reference the MC-1091/MC-8282 custom can be found on these Kaneko/Taito/Toaplan PCBs (list can be incomplete so other additions are welcome)

The Berlin Wall
Magical Crystals
Bakuretsu Breaker
Blaze On
Shogun Warriors
B.Rap Boys
Great 1000 Miles Rally
Bonk’s Adventure
Blood Warrior
Jackie Chan
DJ Boy
Gals Panic 1, 2, 3
Air Buster
Snow Bros
Heavy Unit

See you all to my next reproduction project!

Nice, I have a couple kaneko motherboards... @caius are you selling these? Would be nice to have just in case

Nice, I have a couple kaneko motherboards... @caius are you selling these? Would be nice to have just in case
I could.I have all the PCBs left (around 10) from this first batch.Do you need the blanks, kits or an assembled units?

P.S.
Is this custom really mounted also on Kaneko motherboard?Which hardware platform?

• Nice, I have a couple kaneko motherboards... @caius are you selling these? Would be nice to have just in case
I could.I have all the PCBs left (around 10) from this first batch.Do you need the blanks, kits or an assembled units?
P.S.
Is this custom really mounted also on Kaneko motherboard?Which hardware platform?
I've got oedo fight (Blood Warrior) and great 1k rally as a backup motherboard, they're the same base motherboard and have the custom. I'd buy whatever is easy, I don't mind buying parts or building it if you have a kit.

I've got oedo fight (Blood Warrior) and great 1k rally as a backup motherboard, they're the same base motherboard and have the custom. I'd buy whatever is easy, I don't mind buying parts or building it if you have a kit.
OK, I'll let you know when I have a kit ready for you.Parts are few. specifically:

-four 74LS253 in SOIC16 package
-four 100nF ceramic by-pass capacitors in '0805' package
-four SMD resistor arrays (bussed/convex type), any value from 1K to 10K is fine https://www.mouser.it/ProductDetail/Bourns/CAY17-102JALF/?qs=UBppDQZA%2bGQjSG4I8/JRNA==
-2x23 rounded-machined male headers with 2.54mm of pitch (the female ones must be installed on the arcade PCB)
-two dual diodes common cathode in SOT-23 package like the BAT54C (optional, you can also omit them) https://www.vishay.com/docs/85508/bat54.pdf

Last edited:
Hello Caius

I have a Heavy Unit pcb which does not take coin input command ( credit ) game is working fine in attract mode , inputs are at high 5 Vcc but most probably coin input was burned by former operator adding counter improperly . I need to buy one of your blanc kits Kaneko ‘MC-1091/MC-8282 let me know if you can still have one kit or if one already built is available .
thanks
Marius S
www.pinball.ro

Hello Caius

I have a Heavy Unit pcb which does not take coin input command ( credit ) game is working fine in attract mode , inputs are at high 5 Vcc but most probably coin input was burned by former operator adding counter improperly . I need to buy one of your blanc kits Kaneko ‘MC-1091/MC-8282 let me know if you can still have one kit or if one already built is available .
thanks
Marius S
www.pinball.ro
Replied to your email.

我可以。我有第一批剩下的所有 PCB(大约 10 个)。您需要毛坯、套件还是组装好的单元?

聚苯乙烯
这个定制真的也安装在Kaneko主板上吗?哪个硬件平台?
你好,我需要这个模块的PCB图纸和元件列表,如果可以的话,可以给我发一个吗?多谢!

哦哦,很好,所以你想复制 Caius 的作品吗? 这就是你问的吗?

Reactions: VJP
THIS IS A REPRODUCTION PROJECT MADE BY @caius ALL INFORMATION HAS BEEN POSTED WITH HIS PERMISION. CREDIT AND MERIT GOES TO HIM.

This is another little reproduction project that arose during my repairs.
Some time ago I came across an Heavy Unit PCB which played fine except for the inputs that were not working.This had an explanation:
RSCN2403.jpg

This SIL custom (in ZIP46 package) marked ‘MC-8282’ was broken in half.Like the silkscreening tells, this custom handles all the inputs.I looked into my spares and found some Kaneko boards that used a similar custom with same number of pins but marked ‘MC-1091’ instead :
MC-1091_.jpg

I tried it in my board and all inputs were working again so I came to the conlcusion that the ‘MC-8282’ and the ‘MC-1091’ are essentially the same.Not happy enough, I decided to try to reproduce it.As always in this case, I first ‘stripped off’ the component by removing its coating and did some hi-res scans:
MC-1091_stripped.jpg

正如您从上图中看到的,设计人员实际上在单个组件中嵌入了许多街机板上常见的典型输入电路。从技术上讲,我们可以将这种定制视为由四个 74SL253 TTL 组成的大型多路复用器,这些多路复用器在其输入上接收来自JAMMA边缘连接器的信号。显然有一个公共输出使能信号和两个选择信号。所有其他部件都是印刷薄膜电阻(黑色方块,小方块用于上拉),陶瓷电容器(用于旁路)通过和信号滤波)和几个 SOT-23 部件,我能够将其识别为双共阴极二极管:
DSCN2419.jpg

我启动了万用表进行连续性检查,并在一段时间内弄清楚了设计,因此我在面包板上做了一些粗略的原型设计:
DSCN2422.jpg

我取得了成功,所以我开始绘制原理图。我故意省略了一些不重要的部件(如许多陶瓷电容器)并使用 SMD 电阻阵列,这使我能够节省 PCB 布局空间并保持与原始部件相同的尺寸。将设计发送给制造商并在几周后收到裸露的 PCB:
复制.jpg

我组装了一个单元:
组装-_unit.jpg

并将其安装在PCB上:
RSCN2851.jpg

测试成功,两个玩家的所有输入(加上 SERVICE )都已正确映射并正常工作:
[媒体=youtube]njZh0khkVmE[/媒体]
[媒体=youtube]D5tjcOQWTeM[/媒体]

作为参考,MC-1091/MC-8282 定制可以在这些 Kaneko/Taito/Toaplan PCB 上找到(列表可能不完整,因此欢迎添加其他内容)

柏林墙
魔法水晶
爆裂破坏者
燃烧
将军武士
B.说唱男孩
伟大的 1000 英里拉力赛
邦克的冒险
热血战士
成龙
DJ 男孩
女孩恐慌 1,2,3
空气破坏者
雪兄弟
重型单位

我的下一个复制项目再见!
HI,你好,我的基板这个模块坏掉了,需要这个模块的PCB图纸,还有元件清单,跟你一样做一个恢复好,可以发给我一份吗?非常感谢!

不,他不会与你分享它,如果你想要一个,就从他那里购买,老实说,我不会卖掉它,因为如果我看到在 eBay 和速卖通上出售复制品,我不会感到惊讶。

买一个要多少钱呢?

Back