What's new

jugu

Professional
Reaction score
So I need to get inside of the Operation G.H.O.S.T cab, and of course no keys were included. I've tried with a BIC pen, and a set of Chinese tubular lock pics from eBay, but no joy. I even tried the lock pick set on my Egret 2 and Vewlix cabs, and was unable to open these locks.

Can anyone recommend a reliable set of tubular lock picks?

Thank you.

you need to make sure the tubular lock pick is for a lock with the correct number of pins. with tubular locks it could be 6 7 or 8.... most of my tube locks are 7 pin but the one on my E29 is a 8 pin.

also with a tube lock pick you need to adjust the tension to get it to pick... some people end up wrapping rubber bands around the pick if it's not adjustable and they need a higher tension.

What type of failure are you having with the pick you're using?

Thanks for the quick reply TS! Duh, maybe my problem is not the correct number of pins. I'll check that later today.

When I insert the lock pick, I can see the pin height adjusted, and I've adjusted the tension, but there's no movement when turning. I saw movement on the barrel when using a BIC pen, but it looks like only one lock pin was set correctly with this method.

do it properly,
release all tension on the pins,
turn the pic gently,
then move each pin till you feel it latch.

like picking a flat lock.

I advocate against drilling for a number of reasons but sometimes you gotta. Still, I don't want metal shavings flying around if I can avoid it.

Back