What's new

jkl

Student
Reaction score
Hi,
and first of all thank you for your efforts to give us atomiswave games on naomi mobos!

Just a question: comparing with Demul, Dolphin blue has lots of slowdowns on N1 as well as on N2. Is there a reason for this or am I missing something?

Have you tried it on AW? From what I gather it is about the same as on AW.

Don't have an atomiswave to try it on.
I just compared it with Demul, but since what I know it should play it like original hardware, isn't it?

JKL

Don't have an atomiswave to try it on.
I just compared it with Demul, but since what I know it should play it like original hardware, isn't it?

JKL
The original machine has some limitations and will lage when many enemies or characters appear at the same time on the page. This is exactly the same on Atomiswave. Emulators, recompile code and redirect OpenGl calls so that they are handled by your modern graphic card, which can run at much higher speeds and perform many m ore calculations....

I can tell you on original hardware Dolphin Blue slowdown many times.
Always when many explosions appears at the same times.
I think it's totally normal.

Demul is an emulator and the emul is not perfect on this one.

Ok thanks.
I was in fault thinking that emulator would render at same speed (in mame as well as on fba you can adjust emulated clock & performance, but if you leave default for example with neogeo games they are rendered with slowdowns as actual hardware).
Many thanks.

Back