What's new
Thanks for the info oneleaf. :D

It may be worth adding a switch to any AMB ketsui conversion before burning the dual ROM. You never know, it may already be on there. ;)

Thanks for the info oneleaf. :D

It may be worth adding a switch to any AMB ketsui conversion before burning the dual ROM. You never know, it may already be on there. ;)
Now we have to figure out how to do the conversions in the kaneko system :saint:

kuze said:
Which one?
The main program rom has been modified by AMB to function properly in cart form. Unless someone figures out how he's modified the rom or dumps it, it's not happening. AFAIK there's no reports of anyone owning a dual DOJ but there's no reason it couldn't exist.

kuze said:
Which one?
The main program rom has been modified by AMB to function properly in cart form. Unless someone figures out how he's modified the rom or dumps it, it's not happening. AFAIK there's no reports of anyone owning a dual DOJ but there's no reason it couldn't exist.
I think someone has one and it was reported on this thread, but i never heard back from him here..

Vanilla/white label is not converted to run on the cart form if I'm not mistaken, probably something to do with protections

@xodaraP good work on trying to figure it out for Killing Blade !

I'd love it if someone found a way to complete the conversion instructions for Killing Blade into Ketsui/Espgaluda (maybe even DOJ??) ! I'd be willing to throw in a bounty as well. @LaTraille would also contribute I'm sure !

Knights of Valor Super Heroes is the only conversion candidate for DOJ (I picked one of these up recently too so will do that at some stage)

Definitely need to work out how to turn KB into Ketsui so I can get that done. I need to order the ICs so I can solder them on and start there I guess.

Would be interested to find out if anyone has a conversion based on a Killing Blade, one would think if it's in the MAME driver it's been done at some stage

I would certainly be willing to send a contribution to someone who solves the puzzle of converting a Killing Blade to a Ketsui or ESPGaluda...
I've discovered you could run decrypted code on PGM for the Cave conversions without any issue (which is good news for a hypothetic multi) so I'm thinking a lot of games could be good donors (no need to have the same encrypted ARM) if the PAL mechanism was understood.

I don't know what that takes, but I'm currently 1 game away from having a full set of licensed PGM, plus the Street Fighter/King of Fighters crossover hacks with Knights of Valour... So if I can help with this, just let me know how.

I would certainly be willing to send a contribution to someone who solves the puzzle of converting a Killing Blade to a Ketsui or ESPGaluda...
I've discovered you could run decrypted code on PGM for the Cave conversions without any issue (which is good news for a hypothetic multi) so I'm thinking a lot of games could be good donors (no need to have the same encrypted ARM) if the PAL mechanism was understood.
this was my finding also some time ago. I noticed that, because some simple early games don't even have an ARM :)

@Darksoft and @Apocalypse

Looking at my info above where I cross referenced the MAME driver for Ketsui and Killing Blade, am I right in the assumptions I made?

I'm going to order the ICs and start experimenting I guess as long as I'm on the right track. But if I'm looking at it completely the wrong way then I'd rather wait until we know more

this was my finding also some time ago. I noticed that, because some simple early games don't even have an ARM :)
Yes, we had this conversation before :)
@Darksoft and @Apocalypse

Looking at my info above where I cross referenced the MAME driver for Ketsui and Killing Blade, am I right in the assumptions I made?

I'm going to order the ICs and start experimenting I guess as long as I'm on the right track. But if I'm looking at it completely the wrong way then I'd rather wait until we know more
Humm, I'll have a look.

You dont think my little brain can remember so much, do you? :saint:
Ahah, anyway it's good to have the information confirmed on the decrypted code, I guess it's a starting point for someone with a cheap PGM cartridge to play a bit with it.

Hi there,
I got a Knight of Valour PLUS Super Heroes cart and it seems to have a 3v3 voltage regulator built-in (UPC29L33), the ROMs on the second board seem to be 3v3 and have 5v to 3v3 level translators (QS3257).

Is this the case for all Knight of Valour PLUS Super Heroes PCBs ?

This should make the conversions easier right ? Any experience with those boards ?

Pics :
pgm1.png

pgm2.png
pgm3.png
pgm4.png

Last edited:
Okay. So we know we can convert carts into other games.

But can we convert any of the full PGM PCBs to one another? Or put cart games onto PCB?

Back