What's new
So these would be good donors?

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpr…Fulk%2Fitm%2F282783695803
I believe Knights of Valour 2 and Knights of Valour 2 Nine Dragons are two different games.https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/drivers/pgm.cpp

I'm not ashamed to admit that as soon as I saw this thread I went on ebay and scooped the first last Knights of Valour Super Heroes and Knights of Valour 2 that I found.
same here, bought a KoV Super Heroes from Sheepnova (last one he had) :)
He's got plenty more of those he told me :)

I bought the converted ones years ago and managed to finish off a full set.
wish I knew about this earlier lol. As someone who owns all 3 of the conversions I can say that they play and sound great. Its nice to have 4 vertical shooters on the system instead of just Bee Storm :D

I'm getting close to a full collection myself... No conversions yet, but I do have KoV Vs SNK and KoV Vs Street Fighter and there doesn't seem to be a clear answer on if they're bootlegs or not (because there doesn't seem to be a clear answer about fucking anything when it comes to this system :D )

But I've sold off my arcade sticks since acquiring cabinets, so if anyone were to want a Consolized PGM... I might have a hookup for you.

Chips needed:

Example for Espgaluda:
- 1 * 27C322 for main program (espgaluda_u8.bin)
- 4 * 26L6420 for graphics (t04801w064.u19, a04801w064.u7, a04802w064.u8, b04801w064.u1)
- 1 * 29L3211 for music (w04801b032.u17)
This seems like the example for DoDonPachi DOJ BL I don't see those files in the other ROM sets. There are a lot of included files that you don't list here too. Are these not needed?
I thought only program rom changed. Any reason why you included the gfx and sound roms in DoDonPachi DOJ BL?
It's been a while, my notes are messy.
DS is right, only the program ROM differs from the OG romset (well, it contains the same data arranged differently to accommodate PGM cartridge format).

So if we go back to espgaluda:
- 1 * 27C322 for main program (espgaluda_u8.bin) => from the PGM romset
- 4 * 26L6420 for graphics (t04801w064.u19, a04801w064.u7, a04802w064.u8, b04801w064.u1) => from the OG romset
- 1 * 29L3211 for music (w04801b032.u17) => from the OG romset

@Apocalypse could you burn/sell me a set of roms needed for DDP conversion of a KoV Super Heroes cart?
Sure I could but I'm located in New-Zealand.
You should try to find someone locally in case something is wrong with the ROMs and they have to be updated.
You can install sockets for the SMD chips.

Yup, if shipping is expensive, I could combine it with @K405
I rather have someone who knows this stuff to burn em ;)

If you could point us to the needed sockets, I can order them already

@K405 & @PascalP

And if that goes well.. would you tackle a second cart?

(Inb4 everyone else monitoring this thread...)

I don’t know how @K405’s SMD soldering skills are, but for me it will be a challenge I’m willing to overcome ;)

You don't want to break the cart. Make sure you get someone skilled to do the job. That's my recommendation. Actually if you've bought some cart recently, I'd rather have it sent to @Apocalypse for a full conversion, if he agrees of course.

You don't want to break the cart. Make sure you get someone skilled to do the job. That's my recommendation. Actually if you've bought some cart recently, I'd rather have it sent to @Apocalypse for a full conversion, if he agrees of course.
Not that I don't want too but I'm quite busy.
And as usual I don't own the hardware and to me it would be good to test the converted carts before shipping them back.

No one else in Europe able to tackle this job?

I could ship it motherboard included if I cannot find a good option in Europe...

What do you say @K405

But still I wouldn’t mind trying it myself, soldering a SMD chip is OK, it’s more the removing parts of the original chips which gets tricky.

Nice to see this info revealed. I already have galuda and ketsui but DOJBL is tempting.

Back