What's new
how about the second pcb? Any level translators/buffers for the flash io?

Would love to make a espgaluda and ketsui..

Still nobody tried to make a conversion on killing blade boards? I wondered who originally wrote the "donor" list.
I just use a voltage regulator. Not ideal but it works.
Yeah but I mean on the I/O bus. :) Thanks anyway for showing the pcb m8

BY THE WAY:

Someone earlier mentioned different revisions having shorter/longer/missing levels etc.. KoV.
Where can I find out about this? I would like to playthrou the KoV games, but pref the "correct/best" versions..

Last edited:
Isn't Killing Blade also supposed to be a good EspGaluda option? If so add me to the interest list for getting a conversion done.

Isn't Killing Blade also supposed to be a good EspGaluda option? If so add me to the interest list for getting a conversion done.
Yeah I got that impression, and since the game is sh*t and cheap it would be done already I think... feel so bad for the KoV games since they are really fun to play.. even the demon fronts that has been destroyed ;(

It is supposed to be a conversion candidate yeah. I've been looking into it but I'm not sure how the PAL needs to be rewired to make it work. I think I've got the chip positions correct though.

I think someone tried it on a Killing Blade and it booted but went to the test menu. So the PAL definitely needs to be modified.

Will be good if we can get KB to function as a donor, it's definitely the cheapest conversion candidate cart now. sheep_nova has them regularly on eBay. KoV2 is pricey, KoVSH isn't as bad but still pricey

It is supposed to be a conversion candidate yeah. I've been looking into it but I'm not sure how the PAL needs to be rewired to make it work. I think I've got the chip positions correct though.
I think someone tried it on a Killing Blade and it booted but went to the test menu. So the PAL definitely needs to be modified.

Will be good if we can get KB to function as a donor, it's definitely the cheapest conversion candidate cart now. sheep_nova has them regularly on eBay. KoV2 is pricey, KoVSH isn't as bad but still pricey
I can donate my KB for a good cause :)

PALs definitely aren't my thing, I'd like to learn but I'm not sure this is the place to start, it would be something that @Apocalypse would be able to do if he had time (and between CPS1, System 16, 24, 32 and other multis I doubt he does)

Or maybe @twistedsymphony might like to have a go at it, since he's now put together a couple of conversion patches

I'm still a noob at this stuff, I've never really played around with GALs or PALs much beyond programming replacements

I've been meaning to try out these conversions though I've got a few different donor carts. it's a matter of finding time though.

PALs definitely aren't my thing, I'd like to learn but I'm not sure this is the place to start, it would be something that @Apocalypse would be able to do if he had time (and between CPS1, System 16, 24, 32 and other multis I doubt he does)

Or maybe @twistedsymphony might like to have a go at it, since he's now put together a couple of conversion patches
I have started tracing out the pins of the PALs. Now that I have the confirmed donor, I can try to find out what the differences are from the vanilla KoV2 and theNine Dragons version. Don‘t know if that will lead to anything but it is worth a try.

Figured this is a good thread to ask in... Is it possible to get stereo out of a PGM 1 motherboard ? From what I have seen, I would guess not but I wanted to ask.

Figured this is a good thread to ask in... Is it possible to get stereo out of a PGM 1 motherboard ? From what I have seen, I would guess not but I wanted to ask.
Short answer, yes...

IMG_3545.JPG

(Just google UPD6379 Datasheet).

Burning question... do any games support Stereo?

So is this correct:

Suitable donor games:

For Espgaluda and Kestui:
- Knight of Valour 2
- Demon Front
- Martial Master
- Killing Blade
- Dodonpachi 2 Bee Storm
- Gladiator

For DoDonpachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label:
- Knight of Valour Super Heroes

Or is this correct:

Suitable donor games:

For Espgaluda and Kestui:
- Knight of Valour 2 Nine Dragons
- Demon Front
- Martial Master
- Killing Blade
- Dodonpachi 2 Bee Storm
- Gladiator

For DoDonpachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label:
- Knight of Valour Super Heroes

If the second one, we should have @Apocalypse update his post so other people are not confused.

It all depends on which PCB the game is installed. There's a good chance that Nine Dragons was installed on the same boards as KoV2.

But from what I understand and have seen in the thread, @twistedsymphony has a vanilla KoV2 cart and it was a conversion candidate.

I have a vanilla KoV2 cart I bought from @oneleaf86 and have converted it

I haven't yet seen a Nine Dragons conversion donor.

Also got one vanilla KoV2 and two KoV2 Nine Dragons that were perfect matches for the conversion. Two other KoV2 carts have a different layout. I also have a broken Bee Storm that looks like a good match for a conversion on the PGM board but the ROM board looks different.

Thx guys, I reall appreciate all your help and input on that topic.

I will recieve a Killing Blade Board soon in order to convert into a ESPGALUDA conversion.
Has anybody tried to use a Killing Blade as donor board to make one?

Last edited:
Not as yet, I have one here to use as well as a set of conversion ROMs for Espgaluda but I haven't put it together yet

Thx guys, I reall appreciate all your help and input on that topic.

I will recieve a Killing Blade Board soon in order to convert into a ESPGALUDA conversion.
Has anybody tried to use a Killing Blade as donor board to make one?
Not as yet, I have one here to use as well as a set of conversion ROMs for Espgaluda but I haven't put it together yet
Let us know how it works out! :D

Got a broken Bee Storm from a friend. The ASIC was bad. Thought it would be a good test for an Espgaluda conversion. So I took the PROG board from Bee Storm and the GFX/SAMPLES board from a KOV2 cart. After converting everything, the game would only boot to a garbled screen. I tried different versions of the U8 ROM without any better results.

Interesting enough, the version from the Google Drive share in this topic has the second half of the ROM blank. Same goes for the version in Mame but that one has the first half blank. I also tried to split the ROM and double it up to have to good content twice. Still got no good results with that.

Then I noticed that the silk screening on the PCB asks for a 160 EPROM vs the 320 that is printed on the KOV2 PROG PCB. After writing the good half of the Espgaluda ROM to a 27C160, the game booted and works fine.

Good morning guys.
I have meanwhile some donor boards on my side and preparing to jump in building some conversion :)
Just the chips are still missing. Could anyone share a source where I can order the these?

I tried to gather the details of needed chips and it seems that this is different in dependecy of the used donor board!?
Want to start with these conversions:

Espgaluda ---> using KOV Nine Dragons as donor booard
- 1 * 27C322 for main program (espgaluda_u8.bin)
- 4 * 26L6420 for graphics (t04801w064.u19, a04801w064.u7, a04802w064.u8, b04801w064.u1)
- 1 * 29L3211 for music (w04801b032.u17)

DDP DOJ BL ---> KOV SH Donor Board
- 1 * 27C322
- 4 * MX26L6420
- 1 * MX29L3211

Ketsui ---> using Killing Blade as donor booard
1 * 27C322 (can also use 27C160 if connecting pin 32 to Vcc)
- 4 * MX26L6420
- 1 * MX29L3211
- 1 * LDO 3.3V regulator (not sure how much current is needed, 500mA is probably more than enough)

I would appreciate if anybody could share information where I can start to order.

Last edited:
Back