What's new
A handful of ASICs seem to be dumped and available in Mame... are there any more?

quite few of IGS027A is fully dumped, some of IGS027A partially dumped (beginning of internal ROM Is "execute only" protected, so cant be read/dumped via trojan), most of IGS027A is not dumped at all.

quite few of IGS027A is fully dumped, some of IGS027A partially dumped (beginning of internal ROM Is "execute only" protected, so cant be read/dumped via trojan), most of IGS027A is not dumped at all.
Interesting.... Maybe i will have to work on the hardware side first.. and hope the software can be worked out at a latter date....

T.

You could probably locate the address ranges and the location of the checksum with a logic analyser on the address bus. And maybe some hints about the algorithm if you compare different versions of the same game.

That's been floating around for a while, I've got one with a switch made by... Someone on here. Honestly can't remember who, sorry!

Yeah, sorry, this thread is now 57 pages long, I have no idea where you guys are with this! I just want the final product! :P

this thread is now 57 pages long, I have no idea where you guys are with this!
That's why my post on the first page has been updated with links to all of the important posts.

including how to install a ketsui switch.

Honestly the "end product" conversions are all figured out and have been for months now. There are still some potential cheaper donor carts that we might figure out, but there are several reasonable donor options for each game.. just look at my post on the first page.

and if you don't want to do it yourself buy the converted carts from Sheep Nova on eBay, it's essentially the same as what we're making here. And honestly, his price is barely more expensive than what it would cost for you to buy a donor and the new chips to make your own.

Yeah, sorry, this thread is now 57 pages long, I have no idea where you guys are with this! I just want the final product! :P
Fluffy made repro boards, so there's no real reason to be sacrificing games anymore.

The pgm program collection posted earlier in this thread has the "trap" binary: The first half of the image is the unmodified game, the second half of the image is the arranged version. You just switch the highest address line between high and low.
My repro boards have a jumper for that, so you have a good point to install a switch.

and if you don't want to do it yourself buy the converted carts from Sheep Nova on eBay, it's essentially the same as what we're making here. And honestly, his price is barely more expensive than what it would cost for you to buy a donor and the new chips to make your own.
can't find this guy on eBay. do you have a link to his Profile?

i always wanted to buy These conversions but was afraid to get a bad made one.

thanks

Back