What's new
Also I noticed that both files you posted have the same u104 file. Knights of Valour Super Heroes ?
no, I haven't done anything with the Super Heroes cart.

the u104 should be identical in both files I took 2 separate dumps of kov2104 for comparison.

Also I noticed that both files you posted have the same u104 file. Knights of Valour Super Heroes ?
no, I haven't done anything with the Super Heroes cart.
the u104 should be identical in both files I took 2 separate dumps of kov2104 for comparison.
As @caius said, try reading it as 27c322. Is that supported by your eprom reader?

Please read the Eproms with programm rom from KOVSH please.

Thanks!

To be fair, my first dump was using 27C322 and everyone said I was using the wrong chip :P

I cleaned the pins on the adapter and I cleaned the ziff socket on my programmer and I dumped again... But I think the problem may simply be the shape of this PCB. the SMD is close enough to the pins that it hits the ziff socket and those pins near by may not be making good contact.

So I plugged the PCB into an IC socket and plugged that into the the programmer to give it some space. Funny enough I didn't have a socket large enough for all pins. so last 2 pins don't connect, just like on the Cartridge...

Here is a zip with the new dumps after cleaning everything, both with and without the socket:
http://web-nine.com/files/kov2_102_u19_27c322.zip

OK, I got it working under MAME.The good dump is the one done with socket but you have to split file in two and use the 2nd half.I'll forward this to MAME, thanks again.

Attachments

• 0000.png
    0000.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 283
Sorry to throw you for a loop. Glad it got sorted. I've seen funny stuff like on puzzli 2 where an 8mbit file is programmed to a 16mbit chip.

Awesome, glad we finally got a good dump. I think the problem all along was it just not sitting straight in the programmer because of the PCB layout.

Now that KOV2 is settled I've dumped the EPROMs on KOV-SH: http://web-nine.com/files/kov_sh.zip

There are 3 socketed EPROMs all of them are M27C322

u3 is labeled: S&K FNTCG U3
U7 is labeled: S&K FNTCG U7
U10 is labeled: V-104CN

U10 matches for KOVSH ver 104 in MAME but I don't get a mach on the other two. I cleaned and re-dumped to confirm

fntcg.u3 matches the file t0600.rom from romset kovsh
fntcg.u7 doesnt match anything I could find.

If using @twistedsymphony's external ARM dump results in the region screen in MAME changing from China -> HK (does it?) then this would indicate the external ARM code could be changed to switch regions, as opposed to the internal ROM code controlling it for this particular game.

As I posted, U3 and U10 are known and already dumped. Only problem is that U7 which seems to be different.UPDATE. I found out that U7 matches 100% with u19.102 from KOV2.
Both seem to have CRC32 462E2980.
Where did you find matching of U3 and U7?I can only find this comparing with MAME CRC database :

v104cn.u10.bin: used in Knights of Valour Super Heroes / Sangoku Senki Super Heroes (ver. 104, CN) renamed p0600.322

Pardon but you should use latest MAME.I use an old version of ROMCenter with latest 0.193 dat to scan new dumps and find matches.

OK. I'll give it a go. Either way, it was dumped on MAME 0.160

Haze from MAME told me that the two not mathcing ROMs for your Knights of Valour Super Heroes are GFXs data, most likely they are bit rot since they differs in few bytes.The one @U10 containing code is the same of existing set.Can you, please, try to redump the devices @U3 and U7?Thanks.

Back