What's new
I'm curious what's going on with those green wires though. Is he changing the pin mapping? would that be something that could be done with a custom GAL?
That seems most likely to me.
If anyone could probe the PAL, there should be address lines on one side (inputs) and /CE lines on the other side (outputs).
Then with the information in MAME it should be possible to handcraft a new PAL with the correct memory mapping.

Hello. I bought DDP and Espgaluda bootlegs from a guy in france over a year ago. I had taken high-res from the pcbs.

Hope the pics are useful to find suitable donors.

https://mega.nz/#!lP4hmC5Z!-8-cTZ3TWnJsuHmNLy5zNt-P_KdCtYNuHPqh32HSVOQ

Cheers.
Who prepared this bootleg carts simply used two diodes and a resistor as voltage divider to produce the 3V needed to power the flash ROMs, this is not a stable solution.You should use a simple +5V-->+3V voltage regulator, you can find on Ebay preassembled boards like these ones:
https://www.ebay.it/itm/2x-3-7V-5V-...856859?hash=item3f7c360d9b:g:tB8AAOSwONBZFBRw
Yes. You can see without opening the cart is not the best job.
Thank you @edwin128

I resized the pics and uploaded them here for posterity:

pcb_1_1.jpg

pcb_2_1.jpg
pcb_2_3.jpg

Can you tell us which game is which?
I could take a look next week, as I don't have the supergun set up right now.

Cheers, Edwin.
Hope the pics are useful to find suitable donors.
Thank you for that, it looks like these were the PCB numbers
KOV2 (ESPG/Ketsui)
prog board: PCB-0333-09-FI
asset board: PCB-0334-00

KOV-SH (DDP DOJ)
prog board: PCB NO-0222-1
asset board: PCB NO-0213

I'm curious what's going on with those green wires though. Is he changing the pin mapping? would that be something that could be done with a custom GAL?
You are welcome.

Hi. It is possible to make a reproduction of DDP Bee Storm, in the same way the ESPG/Ketsui and DDP DOJ bootlegs are made?

@edwin128 in theory yes, its possible. but at practice - no DDP BS bootlegs was dumped, I'm not sure if any of exists.

ps: DDP BS - I like this abbrev! lol

its not Cave game but bootleg-quality IGS made game, pretty much BS imho.
music is a bit fun, clearly "inspired" by demo scene tracker music in number of parts.

That is one of the public perceptions of it but it's the best game IGS ever made in my opinion if you play the version/mode where you bullet scratch to raise the hyper gauge and can switch between plane types (final revision in expert mode I think is the combo). If you asked me if I could have only 1 IGS game on a desert island I would answer Bee Storm before the question was even completely spoken, but I'm not an IGS fan in general at all. I find them almost anti-innovative.

Bee Storm could have been a kickoff to them making some fun shooters but they gave up I guess.

That is one of the public perceptions of it but it's the best game IGS ever made in my opinion if you play the version/mode where you bullet scratch to raise the hyper gauge and can switch between plane types (final revision in expert mode I think is the combo). If you asked me if I could have only 1 IGS game on a desert island I would answer Bee Storm before the question was even completely spoken, but I'm not an IGS fan in general at all. I find them almost anti-innovative.

Bee Storm could have been a kickoff to them making some fun shooters but they gave up I guess.
I just bought one cheap in Ebay to add it to my PGM collection.

i have converted a KOVSH cart to Dodonpachi Daioujou black label. It works great.
But I have a question ,does the converted game contain white version (aka Master ver or old ver) since there is no selection screen (old version or new version) when the game boots up.

I also tried to convert a Killing Blade cart to ESPGALUDA,but failed. After the PGM logo splash, it went into test menu. I checked the soldering and re-programmed the flash chip,could not solve the problem.
Does anyone succeed in converting ESPGALUDA by using a Killing Blade cart as a donor?

Probaly you miss the modification of the PAL.

Don't know where to find proper PLD files for ketsui and Espgaluda. Or anyone who knows how to modify the cart to run the 2 games ?

The PAL chip is the original one but you need to do some rewiring on it.

anyone willing to help out with this in EU?
i dont want this to be my first smd soldering project :/

Is there any way to region swap these PGM carts? My DDP2 comes up as "Taiwan" it'd be nice if I could get an English title screen and mode selection.

Is there any way to region swap these PGM carts? My DDP2 comes up as "Taiwan" it'd be nice if I could get an English title screen and mode selection.
Some games (Martial Masters and KOV2ND) can have the 68k rom patched to disregard the region the ARM chip dictates and force another region (e.g. Export/English).

The ARM protection chip sets the region though for all PGM games.

The KoV SH I received today looks odd:

25548021437_37b37434ce_c.jpg

26548467128_c418391217_c.jpg

Anybody knows if this one can be converted to DDP DOJ BL?

Back