What's new
Managed to capture it on video here.

Attachments

• ESP.jpg
    ESP.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Managed to capture it on video here.
I see, that just happened for a split second there.
it looks like the Sprite color data (so one of the two roms on the top left of the GFX PCB).

Since this is intermittent and only happened during explosions (as in lots of sprite data changing) I wonder if it's related to not having a decoupling capacitor.

I've been debating simply desoldering the 5V pin on the existing decoupling caps (since they're really not being used anymore) and soldering it to the power pin on my ICs to serve this function.

If the conversions aren't using a proper voltage regulator, installing one could help as well.

The same thought actually crossed my mind. Playing the video back and stepping forward frame by frame, I noticed that the main character and the gems also glitched at the same time.

Definitely couldn't hurt to try. I'll do some testing when I have some time and report back.

Would be interesting to see if anyone can replicate the same glitch on their setup too.

Really? I find that a relief and also a massive WTF.

Very odd indeed.

Really? I find that a relief and also a massive WTF.

Very odd indeed.
Yeah man. Personally I love it. When I converted my pgm carts I was afraid that it wouldn’t have the glitching. It looks so badass

I 1ccd this game on pcb and this happens when you score lots of big gems from enemy death. So yeah youre playing well. Better than the guy in the recent cart review :)

Max sprite counter glitch :)

1:27 and onwards this player manages to do it in stage 1 with absurd gem/gold levels at that point btw.

Last edited:
HA damn... cave games are fun as hell with great graphics and level design but I feel like their hardware choices and design have always been pretty terrible.

I 1ccd this game on pcb and this happens when you score lots of big gems from enemy death. So yeah youre playing well. Better than the guy in the recent cart review :)

Max sprite counter glitch :)

1:27 and onwards this player manages to do it in stage 1 with absurd gem/gold levels at that point btw.

Ouch, my feelings. JK, I have never been good at these shooters :)

I was wondering about the slowdown on the carts Vs. the Actual PCBs. Good to know they are similar.

I have an Espgaluda converted cart that is giving me graphic glitches. Its most noticeable at the high score table at the boot screen. The profile pictures on 2 of the score have line over them. The carts are 0213 and 0179. I Do not own any other carts or mobo I was given this to attemp to fix. I clean and use deoxit on both the cart and the cart slot. anyhelp would be great

I'd grab some flux and reflow all of the SMD legs on the ROM Board. The cart slot could also need cleaning.

I'd grab some flux and reflow all of the SMD legs on the ROM Board. The cart slot could also need cleaning.
should have mention I did that. At least on the new rom. The problem should be on the gfx board right? Also should mention its on my portable test rig with a psone screen.
Video

I have an Espgaluda converted cart that is giving me graphic glitches. Its most noticeable at the high score table at the boot screen. The profile pictures on 2 of the score have line over them. The carts are 0213 and 0179. I Do not own any other carts or mobo I was given this to attemp to fix. I clean and use deoxit on both the cart and the cart slot. anyhelp would be great
Put the decoupling cap on the 3.3v of the rom board. I had random glitches with Ketsui without that cap. On Ketsui it was some random stutter in the ship select screen and also in the highscore table. You might also want to check your 5V voltage.

I've never seen that style of glitch before. Could be the motherboard. Try giving the motherboard/cart a few solid taps while it's playing to see if it effects the glitching.

is this not normal as the high score table is not initialized? Do you have dip 1 or 8 on?
Set some scores yet?

Ddp does the same thing with a buggy ship and diagonal line..

Any one who buy the espgaluda or ketsui from us.Pls check your game card,if the game card looks like the attachment's picture.(the killing blade)Pls contact us,we'll resend u another one encrypted IC to solve the problem.Of course,if the game card you bought is dodonpachi dai ou jou black version ,new c a v e pcb,or the game card is converted from kov2 nine dragons,u can pass it.^+^

Attachments

• 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 220
  • 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 194
Any one who buy the espgaluda or ketsui from us.Pls check your game card,if the game card looks like the attachment's picture.(the killing blade)Pls contact us,we'll resend u another one encrypted IC to solve the problem.
Is it the "DH U7" that needs to be replaced with "DQ U7"? what problems does this cause?

PAL labels are in tact, and look original. DH U1 and DH U7. Here are the images from my boardset, I can work on pulling/dumping pals, but it'll probably be this weekend before I can devote much time to it. Also these we're just quick cell photos prior to dumping, I can get more detailed ones or trace out connections with my meter if needed.
Any one who buy the espgaluda or ketsui from us.Pls check your game card,if the game card looks like the attachment's picture.(the killing blade)Pls contact us,we'll resend u another one encrypted IC to solve the problem.Of course,if the game card you bought is dodonpachi dai ou jou black version ,new c a v e pcb,or the game card is converted from kov2 nine dragons,u can pass it.^+^
Is that wire from smd rom to PAL marked in picture present in previous KB conversion pictures posted here?

Curious about "DH U7" PAL too... previous KB pictures have it or "DH U7-1" (like my KB carts). What's the source game from which is taken "DQ U7"?

Back