What's new
Try the program roms I used on the KoV?
If you're referring to the program ROM from here (aka. DOJDUAL.bin, aka ddp3_p1_dual.bin, aka. "Asure version"), from before running rom_gen.py, this is the one with the crash in it, as Asure pointed out and I've read the EPROMs on my cartridge - they're the same.

If you're referring to the program ROMs as output by Fluffy's rom_gen.py script, as I understand it, this wouldn't work because it decrypts the data. On KoV conversions, the data is decrypted by the ASIC, which is missing on Fluffy's PCB (hence his script does it ex-ante). Even if it would work, rom_gen.py doesn't change the ROM data itself, though it adds a specific BIOS in front of it, of which I don't think that it fixes the freeze, however.

Edit: it's of course great news knowing now that it works on Fluffy's PCB (disclaimer: assuming this single "measurement" was no fluke for some reason, which I'm inclined to dismiss). So there finally is one option fow WL now! :)
But I'd still very much like to solve the riddle of the KoV conversion freeze (not only for my own gain ;) ), especially because I feel we're close now!

Last edited:
Any one who knows that how to make the igs pgm label(likes original)^+^.My friend has 1 pcs bee storm but without label.

@'Aurich has already posted one great original label for bee storm

bee-storm.jpg

[/quote]

Recently on my espgaluda conversion cart it has been booting straight to the test screen. Any idea why this is happening?

Recently on my espgaluda conversion cart it has been booting straight to the test screen. Any idea why this is happening?
The BIOS checks for a string in the header, if that fails it goes to the test screen.
So I guess dirty contacts/loose connection/corrupted ROM?

Reactions: XeD
No dip 1 is not on. When I exit the test screen it does not ask me to flip the switch. I test this by flipping dip1 and exiting. When doing so it tell me to flip it the other way.

Hi everyone!

A friend of mine has a weird graphic glitches on his Ketsui cart. Sound is missing at 75% and all graphics are only a pixel mess.
No idea of what's going on, weldings are clean. Anyone has a lead on this kind of bugs?
It's a killing bland and a kov plus card together.

Thanks for your help!

20200127_212846.jpg

20200127_230536.jpg

20200127_230531.jpg

Hi everyone!

A friend of mine has a weird graphic glitches on his Ketsui cart. Sound is missing at 75% and all graphics are only a pixel mess.
No idea of what's going on, weldings are clean. Anyone has a lead on this kind of bugs?
It's a killing bland and a kov plus card together.

Thanks for your help!
Corrupted graphics and sound is the bottom board. Maybe a power issue? Can you check that the chips are getting ~3.3V?
Looks like the conversion is using two diodes, maybe try a voltage regulator instead.

(U8 does some mild encryption of the data, which threw me off for a while thinking that the cartridge interface was much more complicated than it really was...)

Yup it's normal for the U8.

I'll see with him and get back to you about the voltage. Thanks!

I have a similar problem and a similar conversion PCB.
My top board is the same but the bottom is green new style board with "Cave" on it.

Mine plays fine until the level 3 boss. Then I lose the background image :(

I replaced the diodes for a proper 3v3 on the top board, but the bottom one already has a reg.

Wondering if the Rom dump is bad..? Or what I should replace.

I took pics and vids which Ill upload later.

I have a similar problem and a similar conversion PCB.
My top board is the same but the bottom is green new style board with "Cave" on it.

Mine plays fine until the level 3 boss. Then I lose the background image :(

I replaced the diodes for a proper 3v3 on the top board, but the bottom one already has a reg.

Wondering if the Rom dump is bad..? Or what I should replace.

I took pics and vids which Ill upload later.
I think @sheep_nova posted about this a while ago, IIRC there is a new version of one of the PAL required.

Ah thanks! I hope they see the ping you made and reply. Im assuming the PALs are the DIPs on the cave PCB (they look like the right package for it, anyway):

http://www.gc8tech.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/K_CONV_BOTTOM_1.jpg

(This is what I have).

I wonder why bootlegs were sold where half the game is glitched out.

Tonight or tomorrow I'll publish my videos for how to do some simple upgrades on these bootleg boards. They're missing some parts.

I don't know anything about the PALs though.

so it's been difficult to get the needed info or part from sheep_nova to get my Ketsui working properly. It's really a bummer that we have bad boards floating around. :/

They sent me the first two pictures, which don't actually match my board (bottom 2 pictures).

They say the part number is DQ 07, but that seems to just be what's written on the sticker but not the actual part number. Does anyone know what part they could be referring to?

QQ图片20200218112009.jpg
1 (1).jpg

My PCBs:
NhGLdYJ_d.jpg
YrUd1nf_d.jpg

Back