What's new
:') Joerg definitely does get a little carried away sometimes.
Not as bad as Drakon though :/
1407179146207.jpg
Why would you remind me of him? The nightmares had stopped!

I've seen some of his work before but it never ceases to amaze me how bad it is and that people actually pay good money for it
wait, someone PAID for that? that wasn't just some guy doing a shitty hack job for himself?

I've seen some of his work before but it never ceases to amaze me how bad it is and that people actually pay good money for it
wait, someone PAID for that? that wasn't just some guy doing a shitty hack job for himself?
Once upon a time, he was one of very few people offering to do the PPU swap to get an RGB NES... I *almost* hired him, but a: he wanted *way* too much money and b: I started googling his name and saw well... stuff like that.

Bullet. Fucking. Dodged.

Don’t want to derail this thread any further, but can’t resist to share this ‘masterpiece’...

How does anyone do that and look at it and say "That's a good job, I'm happy to sell that to a client"

I understand he basically had a captive market, but even so I still could never do something that badly and be ok with it.

The PGM and NAOMI conversions I've seen as well from Joerg... ergh.

Next up, here's one for KOVSH.

Apply to 'p0600.322' from MAME 'kovsh.zip' and burn to a M27C322 EPROM.
Would this work on Super Heroes Plus too? I know sometimes these incremental updates share a lot of code.
Here is a patch for Super Heroes Plus, tested in MAME but not on real hardware. Let me know if it works for you.
You need to apply the xdelta against 'p0600h_101.rom' from 'kovshp.zip' in MAME.
Finally got around to trying this on hardware. Verdict: it boots, the title screen is for World.. but everything is still in Chinese in the game itself.

I don't have a functioning mame setup running right now, but being that you said that's what Oriental Legend does when you tried to patch it, I'm guessing in mame this shows as more English, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered? Or is that all that's supposed to happen?

Next up, here's one for KOVSH.

Apply to 'p0600.322' from MAME 'kovsh.zip' and burn to a M27C322 EPROM.
Would this work on Super Heroes Plus too? I know sometimes these incremental updates share a lot of code.
Here is a patch for Super Heroes Plus, tested in MAME but not on real hardware. Let me know if it works for you.You need to apply the xdelta against 'p0600h_101.rom' from 'kovshp.zip' in MAME.
Finally got around to trying this on hardware. Verdict: it boots, the title screen is for World.. but everything is still in Chinese in the game itself.
I don't have a functioning mame setup running right now, but being that you said that's what Oriental Legend does when you tried to patch it, I'm guessing in mame this shows as more English, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered? Or is that all that's supposed to happen?
Thanks for giving it a try. The fact that it boots and shows world region is a good sign.

In MAME with the hack the in game story text is English, but there are still places in the menus with Chinese where there is no English translation available. Not much that can be done there unless someone wants to try and translate the Chinese only text. I assume this would act the same way with an "overseas" / World official cart, but I don't even know if any exist TBH.

Does the in game story show in English for you with the hack? Here's what I see in MAME (image attached).

Attachments

• kovshp-english-hack.png
    kovshp-english-hack.png
    860.4 KB · Views: 237
Thanks for giving it a try. The fact that it boots and shows world region is a good sign.
In MAME with the hack the in game story text is English, but there are still places in the menus with Chinese where there is no English translation available. Not much that can be done there unless someone wants to try and translate the Chinese only text. I assume this would act the same way with an "overseas" / World official cart, but I don't even know if any exist TBH.

Does the in game story show in English for you with the hack? Here's what I see in MAME (image attached).
Hah! I am mildly embarrassed to admit I had just thrown it into Option 2, assuming that Option 1 was some sort of abbreviated mode (like it is on at least 1 of the other versions)... Option 2 seems to be Boss Rush mode. When I loaded up Option 1, I saw the English story that you had attached there... plus "Vitality" and "Score" at the end of a Boss Rush round is in English.

So I guess I'm gonna go with Success after all, at least insofar as we're gonna get a success out of this one :) Even System-16 only has a Chinese title screen for SH+, no English title screen. This is leading me to believe there is no full-English version and the World version just had some Chinese and some English.

Final verdict: Success on real hardware.

Hah! I am mildly embarrassed to admit I had just thrown it into Option 2, assuming that Option 1 was some sort of abbreviated mode (like it is on at least 1 of the other versions)... Option 2 seems to be Boss Rush mode. When I loaded up Option 1, I saw the English story that you had attached there... plus "Vitality" and "Score" at the end of a Boss Rush round is in English.
So I guess I'm gonna go with Success after all, at least insofar as we're gonna get a success out of this one :) Even System-16 only has a Chinese title screen for SH+, no English title screen. This is leading me to believe there is no full-English version and the World version just had some Chinese and some English.

Final verdict: Success on real hardware.
Awesome! That's my takeaway from it too. Even the story in English is pretty 'Engrish'. It's cool that SH+ has a bunch of extra characters though! And that they bothered at all with an English story, though it's the same story as KOV and KOVSH.

Awesome! That's my takeaway from it too. Even the story in English is pretty 'Engrish'. It's cool that SH+ has a bunch of extra characters though! And that they bothered at all with an English story, though it's the same story as KOV and KOVSH.
You wanna talk extra characters? I have two different hacks in my pile, one that seems to be regular KoV with Street Fighter characters added, and a second (with an actual label!) that seems to be KoV SH with Street Fighter AND King of Fighters characters added. That latter one has a ton of choices.

Reasonably certain they're both hacks... But they're REALLY well done. Sheep Nova has one of them on sale right now on eBay for $77 I think.

You wanna talk extra characters? I have two different hacks in my pile, one that seems to be regular KoV with Street Fighter characters added, and a second (with an actual label!) that seems to be KoV SH with Street Fighter AND King of Fighters characters added. That latter one has a ton of choices.
Reasonably certain they're both hacks... But they're REALLY well done. Sheep Nova has one of them on sale right now on eBay for $77 I think.
Nice! I've heard of the KoF and SF hacks separate, but wasn't aware of a combined version. That sounds awesome, would love to see a video of it or pics if you get the chance.

Just a quick comment and a question.

First, I really appreciate this thread for gathering together some hard to find information about PGM conversions. This is making me want to take a stab at it myself.

The question I have is, Is there a Dodonpachi 3 program rom that is known to work on the PGM ? A friend is wanting to convert his DDP:DOJ cart to DDP3, but I have not ran across a usable program rom. Any help would be appreciated.

I lied... I have a second question...

Has an English patch for Demon Front ever been released ?

Last edited:

First, I really appreciate this thread for gathering together some hard to find information about PGM conversions. This is making me want to take a stab at it myself.

The question I have is, Is there a Dodonpachi 3 program rom that is known to work on the PGM ? A friend is wanting to convert his DDP:DOJ cart to DDP3, but I have not ran across a usable program rom. Any help would be appreciated.

Regarding your second question, @kuze on page 9 says it's not likely to happen unfortunately. That one and The Gladiator aren't really possible. Considering he's the guy that's providing most of these, I'm inclined to believe him.

Regarding your second question, @kuze on page 9 says it's not likely to happen unfortunately. That one and The Gladiator aren't really possible. Considering he's the guy that's providing most of these, I'm inclined to believe him.
I went back and read that after you referenced it, so thank you. Somehow I missed that. Also saw the other patches that were posted and that is making me want to buy some of the PGM carts I am missing.. Namely most of them.

Do you know if these are dumped/available?
I must admit i never played _all_ the bootlegs dumped in MAME at this point, but if they are missing, and you can dump them, that would be sweet,

So is there someone yet who sells the cave conversions for this? Apart from youknowwho.

Back