What's new
Actually, before I go getting this dumped, I should ask permission from @trap15 -- as it's his work, and he may or may not want it distributed.

I know arcademodbios bootlegged it, but ultimately, to be a stand up dude, I will get the green light from the man first.

Thanks trap15. At the request of this forum, I'm going to dump the ROMS from the cart that he "sells" and just giving it out for free on here.

Thanks for being cool about it, and much respect for the arrange.

Also, I noticed you have a donate link on your site, so I'm sure users who use the ROMS will throw a few bucks your way, right guys :)

If you're undercutting him with it, it would be my honor for you to do whatever you're doing :P

Greatly appreciate you wanting to get permission, you have my blessing :)
Thanks trap15. At the request of this forum, I'm going to dump the ROMS from the cart that he "sells" and just giving it out for free on here.

Thanks for being cool about it, and much respect for the arrange.

Also, I noticed you have a donate link on your site, so I'm sure users who use the ROMS will throw a few bucks your way, right guys :)
Thanks guys! It will be great to play this on legit hardware. Just sent through a donation :)

Just a shameless compatibility check. This cart is labeled as Knights of Valor Super Heroes vs King of Fighters. It doesn't match the other KoV:SH pictures, but I would rather get a second opinion. Thanks for looking. I was HOPING to use this for DDP:DOJ.

2629vfp.jpg

23iw0mu.jpg

I was thinking it was, but thought a second opinion would be nice. Oh well, at least it is a decent quality boot. Time to track down a legit KoV:SH... thanks for the reply.

wow,

First time Ive seen a bootleg on the pgm like this as well. Is there any version difference when fired up? Version number? Etc?

If you get a chance and arent sure, have one of the guys on here i.e. apocalypse, check the roms on the cart and see if it is another version that isnt in mame yet or a different version just for preservation purposes.

Interesting find though

I will take some pictures and sweet cell phone movie footage and post it up in a bit.

Update:
-----------
Region Screen with Serial Number, version, date, and time on bottom

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y13uGNev5DWHCMRdu1qFP_BPC3YUmbtf/view?usp=sharing

Video of game booting up and starting

https://drive.google.com/file/d/128M-Oeo_tQzy2N7FuGvTOuzKSu7aLJLg/view?usp=sharing

Second Update:
------------------
After searching around a bit more, I think the full name is...

Knights of Valour: Luan Shi Quan Huang

Last edited:
Just a shameless compatibility check. This cart is labeled as Knights of Valor Super Heroes vs King of Fighters. It doesn't match the other KoV:SH pictures, but I would rather get a second opinion. Thanks for looking. I was HOPING to use this for DDP:DOJ.

2629vfp.jpg

23iw0mu.jpg
DDP DOJ does not work on this cart.
I have bought several KOVSH carts. There are several PCB versions. One of them looks identical to yours.
I tried DDP DOJ conversion on it and just waste a cart.... Game didn't boot on this cart. Maybe the internal ASIC code is different.

Picked up an English language Photo Y2K off ebay. First time I've seen a World release that was "All countries except Malaysia, Singapore".

Just a thought, but would it be out of the question to ask for someone to make and sell kits for these few conversions? I greatly appreciate all the hardwork that went into getting this figured out. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have the ability to burn the kinds of chips needed for this project. I think I have the abilities to put it together, but I would be all over a kit with the necessary parts as an option for some of us less talented folk. Any thoughts?

Just a thought, but would it be out of the question to ask for someone to make and sell kits for these few conversions? I greatly appreciate all the hardwork that went into getting this figured out. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have the ability to burn the kinds of chips needed for this project. I think I have the abilities to put it together, but I would be all over a kit with the necessary parts as an option for some of us less talented folk. Any thoughts?
No need for a kit, just order the chips pre programmed from buyicnow. With my conversions I burned everything myself besides the MX26L6420 chips.

Last edited:
That someone is me. A friend of mine is selling me his original DaiOuJou so I've decided to sell my Joerg and my own conversion cart to help fund the purchase. After factoring in shipping costs, eBay and PayPal fees I'm not really making much here to be honest.

Back