I refrained from jizzing on mine.

Attachments

• 20180612_201016.jpg
    20180612_201016.jpg
    857.9 KB · Views: 464
  • 20180612_200858.jpg
    20180612_200858.jpg
    803.8 KB · Views: 474
That someone is me. A friend of mine is selling me his original DaiOuJou so I've decided to sell my Joerg and my own conversion cart to help fund the purchase. After factoring in shipping costs, eBay and PayPal fees I'm not really making much here to be honest.
My bad! I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions, just saw two pop up on my eBay feed, was naturally assuming there'd be more and more. Good work on the DOJ PCB. Did you get the Black Label or Original? Make sure you remove the battery!

That someone is me. A friend of mine is selling me his original DaiOuJou so I've decided to sell my Joerg and my own conversion cart to help fund the purchase. After factoring in shipping costs, eBay and PayPal fees I'm not really making much here to be honest.
My bad! I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions, just saw two pop up on my eBay feed, was naturally assuming there'd be more and more. Good work on the DOJ PCB. Did you get the Black Label or Original? Make sure you remove the battery!
It's all good don't worry man :) . I haven't received yet but it's just vanilla DaiOuJou and the battery has already been removed ;)

If anyone has successfully performed a Ketsui or Espgaluda conversion using a Killing Blade cart, I would be very grateful if you could please post some pictures of the completed boards.

Can someone who has one of these or has done it let me know which ICs other than the 27C322 I'll need to order for Ketsui?

@Apocalypse which voltage regulators would you suggest

Edit: should've looked back through the thread for the ROM ICs, already been noted. Good I'll order those.

Last edited:
I ordered a killing blade before I did any conversions and the PCB is totally different to knights of valor 2. I haven't seen any pictures of a conversion that uses KB as a donor.

I assume there's different PCB revisions like there is for other games, hopefully the one I've got coming is the right one, otherwise I guess I have KB in my collection now :P

Edit: just bought some voltage regulators, 3. 3v/1A max so they should be good.

Last edited:
Edit: just bought some voltage regulators, 3. 3v/1A max so they should be good.
Yep earlier in the topic I suggested 500mA should be enough.
Saw that when I went back and read the full thread looking for the instructions for Ketsui - thank you very much, I'll get the correct EEPROMs on order this week too. Will take a photo of my cart when I get it to make sure it's possible before I go any further.

Wow first of all thank you to everyone who contributed to this really neat stuff here. @Apocalypse Were the dumps taken down? it seems like all of the filedropper links are broken.

Wow first of all thank you to everyone who contributed to this really neat stuff here. @Apocalypse Were the dumps taken down? it seems like all of the filedropper links are broken.
No but I think the service being free files are automatically deleted after a while to free some space on the servers I guess.

@Darksoft If I upload the files again is it possible to keep them safe somewhere?

I think Mega will keep stuff up indefinitely... They've instituted file transfer limits per day which makes them annoying for a lot of stuff they used to be used for, but these are tiny files so shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not sure how much space left, in any case I dont feel comfortable holding the files here. The best place to keep files without being deleted are IMHO MEGA or Google Drive.

about the 3.3V and 5V talk, I know it's kinda convoluted, but bear with me. why not use adapter and chips with the right logic levels ?

"The Real Phoenix" took this approach for snes cartmods : https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/O4HAE3B0

maybe that wouldn't fit ? (I have no experience with PGM converts, but I did a couple snes SA-1 cartmods for myself, and fee confident with handling thos SMD chip, since they're the same)

(also, thanks a million to everyone involved here ! these cartmods are not worth their asking price imho, especially with the horrible soldering/glue job I kept seeing in those 16 pages lol)

why not use adapter and chips with the right logic levels ?
because there isn't enough room on the PCB nor clearance inside the cart housing:

index.php

You might be able to squeeze the appropriate chips on there with a complete PCB redesign... honestly that'd probably be easier than dealing with a bunch of adapters.

yeah, that makes sense... would be quit thick too.

(my god, what a poor soldering job :| he can't afford the right tools with the money he's making ?)

Back