What's new

Attachments

• ketarr.jpg
    ketarr.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 277
awesome !

so this is a version where you can choose between vanilla et trap's 1.7 when you boot it ?

I believe it needs a switch which ties the address lines high or low, but @yosai can confirm :)

Awesome work regardless, happy to see it, I'll download and archive it myself just in case it gets lost

Also, is your monitor missing red or is that just the arrange mode title screen?

Oh ok, I see.

I heard ppl have a version with a switch, if anyone has it, please share ^^

that being said, I supposed it works the same way those snes carts with multiple games on them work, and you switch by hitting reset.

the reset line on the cart goes to an IC that counts resets and the bank is switched by a pin being high/low and jumps 1 mbits and loads what's there.

Last edited:
Here is a clean dump of the original AMB file.

www.ikotsu.co.uk/AMB_Ket_KA.zip

Ketsui is at offset 0x0
Ketsui Arrange is at offset 0x200000

Here is a pic of the cart. U14 & U15 look like they've been fucked with.

What programmer do you recommend to write the eproms required for the conversion?
I have a willem GQ-3X but I wouldn't recommend getting one.

No problems, I'll leave it in your hands to track it down... cheers.
Here you go. The Trap Ketsui Arrange ready to burn to an 27C322.

http://www.ikotsu.co.uk/Ketsui_Trap_Arrange_17.zip

:D

Tested working on a Knights Of Valour 2 donor cart.
This worked just fine to change my AMB ketsui to Trap Arrange. Have not messed with the dual one yet.

My ketsui cart has a shady jumper running along a PIC that may touch a few legs. Honestly not sure how it should be but the cart has always worked so I don't dare touch it.

This worked just fine to change my AMB ketsui to Trap Arrange. Have not messed with the dual one yet.
My ketsui cart has a shady jumper running along a PIC that may touch a few legs. Honestly not sure how it should be but the cart has always worked so I don't dare touch it.
Good stuff. Is the shady jumper along U15?

Sure,

I'd grab these switches, pretty much the same as what I used and they're dirt cheap. I think the ideal location for the switch is on the top front middle of the shell, simply for ease of access.
I store my conversions in shock boxes so if I'd installed the switch on top it wouldn't have closed.

Attachments

• 20180724_032019.jpg
    20180724_032019.jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 301
  • 20180724_032054.jpg
    20180724_032054.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Nice, I'm a bit surprised it fit like that on the underside.

Have you tried doing a switch for DDP DOJ WL / BL toggle?

kuze said:
Nice, I'm a bit surprised it fit like that on the underside.

Have you tried doing a switch for DDP DOJ WL / BL toggle?
Can't try unless a dump of the program rom appears unfortunately.

Back