What's new

Legend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello, I have a naomi universal cab that came with only 2 buttons. I'm trying to make it 6 button but not sure where the rest of the buttons can be pulled from out of the naomi.

Thanks in advance and any help is aprecciated.

Buttons 1-5 are from the JAMMA harness. Button 6 comes off the JVS I/O. Below is a diagram. Make sure you reference the right I/O board from here as the CN connector is reversed across the different versions.

naomijamma.gif

Shouldn't need to wire directly to the IO in a Naomi Universal.

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Net_City

Use the wiring guide above, Grab some amp up pins and add the extra wires to each players loom inside the control panel. The part numbers are in the arcade otaku wiki as well.

If I'm not mistaken it should have a type 1 JVS IO not a sega jamma IO.

yes its jvs not jamma so buttons can't be pulled out like that. And thanks skate for the link that tells me exactly where they are and how I need to wire them out.

ok so the plugs on my naomi universal cab are not the same as the one on that net city link. Though I was able to get a third button out, still missing all the kicks and there are 3 plugs to the right and one 2 the left that are not connected. Would any of them happen to be the kick buttons?

Attachments

• 20180117_173117-1.jpg
    20180117_173117-1.jpg
    723.2 KB · Views: 52
Ahh US cab Molex.

In that case I find the correct buttons on the IO and trace to the other end of that loom.

Andy Geezer (AGS) has the JVS IO pinouts on his site.

I have found them now! Tested several pins until I got the right one. And for reference and anyone following, they come out of the yellow 9 pin molex! Now just to order a male connector and wire it properly. Thanks again for the help and attention!

Back