What's new
damn... cheapest place I can find them is Sophia Corp ... for about $20 per button <X

I'm starting to think the $10 I spent on the panel was a very expensive $10 :whistling:

Did you ever figure out how the lights were powered? I mean these part numbers are for lit buttons. If there is an option to light them from the PCB I'm curious if I should be looking at 5V or 12V buttons. Is there anything in the manual on this?

Last edited:
Damn, those buttons aren’t cheap :(

In the manual there is no schematic, just the Jamma pinout (or you want to use JVS).

But the way I figure how the buttons would work is that they get permanent 5v or 12v and the ground is connected to the micro switches, so when you activate the microswitch the button light up as it then takes ground via the switch
How much are the original OBSA buttons? Or do they come in both flavours 5v and 12v?

If you have an option I would check the Amperage rating of each type and go for the lowest, you wouldn’t want high Amps running through the switches :)

Last edited:
10D95AD5-E829-46DA-94C6-BC721F5A2DE5.jpeg

In the manual there is no schematic, just the Jamma pinout (or you want to use JVS).
interesting that pinout looks very different than what was mentioned earlier with buttons 1-3 mapped normally and button 4 on the kic harness, this has the 4 buttons place of the joystick, which honestly makes more sense for this game.

I suppose it's possible that outputs are supported by JVS, I wonder if there is any mention of output testing in the game test mode.

But the way I figure how the buttons would work is that they get permanent 5v or 12v and the ground is connected to the micro switches, so when you activate the microswitch the button light up as it then takes ground via the switch
I don't know about that, when the button is not pushed the lamp would be trying to draw off of the game board through the button connectors, that seems like it would risk blowing out a buffer on the game PCB.

How much are the original OBSA buttons? Or do they come in both flavours 5v and 12v?
they come in many different configurations 5V, 12V, 24V, incandescent and LED. the ones at Sophia Corp are 12V incandescent I believe.

EDIT: I just loaded this up in MAME and interestingly the joystick AND the buttons are mapped to the buttons. So you can use up, down, left, right, or you can use buttons 1-3 on the JAMMA edge plus button 4 on the kick harness... either works.

there doesn't seem to be any lamp output options in MAME but the JVS options are disabled because there is no JVS IO connected. does anyone know how to connect a virtual JVS IO for System 12 in MAME?

Last edited:
oh and since you keep asking for pictures of the panel ;)
paca_paca_passion_and_outtriger_panels.jpg

I got both the PPP and the OT panels from YAJ

Nice findings!

And regarding the grounding of the lights, guess you are right on that...
Will need to figure out something else, perhaps put diodes in line so the current can only flow one way...

I’ll check my PPP Special, perhaps there is a manual with that as well, haven’t opened the box yet since I got it :)

Just because I had to give my brain a rest at work for a minute, I did a quick search for the button wiring and couldn't find anything that states how its wired.

I did find a bunch of images of the underside of the panel however and from what I can tell the mech in in the button must just contain a light that is triggered by the closing of the switch so its just using the button input voltage. Probably doesn't help but here you go.

d166389381.2.jpg

that’s the Sega size panel right? Not for Cyberlead?
I don't know how the CyberLead panels are normally shaped but this one matches the outline of my other Sega panels perfectly.

I did find a bunch of images of the underside of the panel
the resolution on that picture is really low, but it looks like the connectors for the lamps are empty. the lamp connectors are on either side of the switch and perpendicular to the switch connectors.

like this:
16344_01.jpg
in your picture you can see there is nothing going to them.

Cyberlead panels is a few cm’s narrower than a Sega panel and also slightly different size :)

I picked up some eBay buttons for my panel, they're not bad but they're a mixed bag. ordering 2 different colors from the same listing resulted in 2 different shaped/sized buttons. for whatever reason the blue colored buttons have a slightly different height plunger and shaped surround so I need to source some better matching blues.

Back