What's new

PascalP

Legendary
Reaction score
Anyone have so info on Paca Paca Passion and how to run it in a Cyberlead cab?
Will the panel connect to the standard IO or are additional boards needed?

Also if someone hase any leads on the panel or the System 12 game PCB, let me know ;)

This is the only picture I could find of it;

P1000833.JPG

I think they're just normal buttons aren't they?

have you tried it in MAME?

I would guess so that it is just button 1 - 4 for each player, but don't know if they light up and uses the IO output or not.

I don't have MAME and unfortunately wouldn't how how to check this, never really messed with MAME in any way... :(
Maybe I should dive intp this at some point as well ;)

you should absolutely have MAME in this hobby, it's an invaluable tool just for validating hardware function of real PCBs and learning about how games work.

not to mention it's great if you want to test out a game to see if you like it before wasting time/money trying to find it.

found this bit of info;

• Paca Paca Passion (released in November, 1998): The first game in the series, and it has six stages. The music in this game is limited as large casings were expensive at that time. The game was ported to the PlayStationin June 24th, 1999 with additional stages.
  • Paca Paca Passion 2 (released in July, 1999): The second game, and the first one to use 3D models, it has 9 stages to choose. The sequel introduce the cooperative mode. This game was also ported to the PlayStation in April 27, 2000.
  • Paca Paca Passion Special (released in December, 1999): The third and final game, with 9 stages. The game as usual was ported to the PlayStation in April 4, 2002.

Still have PPP Special on the way, will try that once it arrives, but I’m 99,9% sure that the marquee is not supported by non-Namco games... :(

It's similar for the Sega Versus Billboard, it was a joint effort between Sega and Tecmo and only Sega and Tecmo games support it.

@PascalP I recently picked up a panel for this game, un populated... I'm curious if you know what the correct buttons are for the panel / do you have a manual with the official part numbers?

I have copied manuals at home for Paca Paca Passion (the 1st one), I'll check what is in there!
But nice man, please post some pics of your panel!

Thank you for that!

cross referencing the color kanji and switches gives me this:

Small Left Button = Sanwa OBSA-45UM-LN (yellow) with Sanwa MS-O-3 microswitch
Big Left Button = Sanwa OBSA-60UM-LN (red) with Sanwa MS-O-3 microswitch
Big Right Button = Sanwa OBSA-60UM-LN (blue) with Sanwa MS-O-3 microswitch
Small right Button = Sanwa OBSA-45UM-LN (green) with Sanwa MS-O-3 microswitch
Start Button = Sanwa OBSF-24 (yellow) with Sanwa SW-68 microswitch

both players have the same layout

these seem a bit challenging to find. I may have to import them from Japan.

Back