What's new

xodaraP

Legendary
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm trying to get decrypted code onto a suicided SF Zero 3, it's an Asia region board so I was happy to see that there's a decrypted set available for the region, however I've installed the ROMs and I'm not getting it to boot. It's not listed as verified on CPS2 hardware so I was hoping someone might be able to quickly throw this version onto their multi to see if it boots (my SD card reader is broken so I can't load it onto my own multi right now)

If it's not working, I'll just load the Japan version on there that is verified, but it's an earlier revision and I would rather have the later code (and the correct region) if at all possible :)

I can confirm that the 980904 Asia region decrypted set from the Avalaunch website isn't working :( I've burnt the Japan set verified on hardware and it's working fine, so I'll just stick with that instead

Edit: I would really prefer the Asia region ROMs since they have English language service menu and story/instruction text if it can be fixed :( @l_oliveira is this something you would be able to fix when you have time?

Last edited:
I can confirm that the 980904 Asia region decrypted set from the Avalaunch website isn't working :( I've burnt the Japan set verified on hardware and it's working fine, so I'll just stick with that instead

Edit: I would really prefer the Asia region ROMs since they have English language service menu and story/instruction text if it can be fixed :( @l_oliveira is this something you would be able to fix when you have time?
Open the ROM ".03c" on a hex editor and at offset 0x0009FC change the byte 0xFE to 0xEE. That will fix the game.

I am in the process of updating the file and uploading to the site but you can do the fix right now if you perform that change.

Edit: I am currently unable to update the site so you need to apply the patch as I mentioned above.

Last edited:
Not yet, it's early morning here (your reply came through about midnight) so I'll erase the EPROMs again and test it when I get home, good to know only 1 needs to be fixed :)

Actually you don't need to erase. just write over, 1000 bytes (hex). Eprom write change bytes from 1 to 0. Since you need to set one bit to 0 there it will work without erasing.

Really? That's cool I didn't know you could do that, have erased EPROMs before and rewritten for similar changes

I do still have to erase though because I programmed the Japanese version to confirm the Asia version was not working and it wasn't an issue with keys remaining on the board or another fault

Open the ROM ".03c" on a hex editor and at offset 0x0009FC change the byte 0xFE to 0xEE. That will fix the game.
I am in the process of updating the file and uploading to the site but you can do the fix right now if you perform that change.

Edit: I am currently unable to update the site so you need to apply the patch as I mentioned above.
The file name is sz3adi.03d rather than .03c - but I figured this was the same thing as it's still ROM 3 - the offset you said to change did in fact have FE which I have changed to EE

I'm burning the set now - will let you know if it works

Edit: It works! Thank you so much! :D

Last edited:
The change I suggested reduces the size of the memory area affected by the power on memory clean routine, preventing it from writing into the sprite control register, which in turn causes the CPU to halt, crashing the boot process...

Back