What's new

psychicdrive

Student
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've got a Sonic the Fighters PCB and a Fighting Vipers PCB that I would like to convert for a JAMMA cabinet. I found information on this forum for the pinouts of these systems but I am having a hard time locating websites that have the required JST connectors in stock! Does anyone here have any experience with this? I have seen some photos of Model 2 to JAMMA harnesses and I'm comfortable making it once I find the connectors. Also I don't have a crimp tool for JST..

Thanks!! I will look at these links soon - it will be going on a Blast City which has a Tri Sync Nanao so it should do 24 khz but I actually don't have any way to test it until I finish this.

the adapter will burn your connector - the fuckers know it.

notice they say "Power might not start with the weak.
Please raise the voltage If you get a gray screen."
raise the voltage because your losing it in the getting hot edge connector!

also it's not even new!
"The connector uses the part used, but the wiring member and the JAMMA plate and the pin is a new article."

the other link is nice, if you build an adapter to hook to that i/o board it will be perfect!

thank you! that makes a lot of sense. I guess I don't have enough experience with stuff going wrong to know about that. I wouldn't want to try that with Sonic the Fighters though so I really appreciate it.

EDIT: thinking about it.. maybe I could just wire the whole harness to that IO board - but it would probably make switching games out more cumbersome than just separating power.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your help - time to order all of the parts. Also if there was a better spot to look for this info/post it please let me know.

I use external power supply for model 2 or 3 in my Astro because these use too much power. I've built a ATX to Model 2 (JST NH) converter from an ATX extention cable. Very easy.
If you don't have crimp tool, just solder wires.

I use external power supply for model 2 or 3 in my Astro because these use too much power. I've built a ATX to Model 2 (JST NH) converter from an ATX extention cable. Very easy.
If you don't have crimp tool, just solder wires.
would you mind showing me a photo of your adapter? always been curious about using ATX power supplies. I know an adapter exists for Model 1 and 3 games. I have an idea of what this should look like I just want to be sure.

I was thinking about something like this:

https://zenmarket.jp/auction.aspx?itemCode=x516501150

but you mention connecting a power supply directly to the game.. maybe I could use the Blast City cabinet IO board ?

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Blast_City_Wiring_Guide

sorry for lazily posting these links!
Actually, I am using this one for my VF2 and Dynamite cop on my NAC and BC without any issues: https://zenmarket.jp/auction.aspx?itemCode=x516501150

Since VF2 consumes too much power (more than 7A). I use an extra PSU to support it.

i have also purchased the model 3 wire from the same seller for VF3. everything works perfectly. just FYI

It's very easy to build.
For external power : buy ATX plug and connectors, wires (or ATX extension cable) and JST plug and connectors. Crimp it following pinouts. Don't forget to shunt power on for ATX pwoer supply.
For controls JST + JAMMA as on picture. Easy and quick to do.

I think people just don't like ordering overseas. I do wish their site was better for instant ordering but their procedure works (order/submit request-click on link in email-accept and provide payment) The parts are way cheaper and they ship cheaply which is fedex and only takes a few days to receive.

Last thing I bought was 1000 6-pin NH connectors and an entire spool of pins. ;)

typing "NH" in product search didnt get the hits - they need to improve the site. :(

JST NH plugs use always this refs : HxP-SHF-AA where x is number of pins (2~25).
Replace first H with B for the connector you solder on board (don't know how it's named in english), or BS for 90° ones.

Last edited:
Back