analog sticks and wheels

    • analog sticks and wheels

      Im wondering all thing analog.

      Joystick mods / wheels breaks gas
      Do you just tap the potentiometers on any old device or do they need to be a certain value like the normal 15k?

      Dual analog stick virtual on?

      Does the io board output a digital on/off signal for feedback or is it a serial type output to communicate with other dedicated motor drive. If on/off pulse could one easily build a motor controller with some big transistors to switch a motor?

      Will you design a motor board like this I'm sure there is a good market for this or something similar that can also be used on PC?
    • thejew wrote:

      Do you just tap the potentiometers on any old device or do they need to be a certain value like the normal 15k?
      the way most analog controls are wired is with one side of the pot on ground and the other side of the pot on 5V with the common/center pin being the output. this, in effect, creates a variable voltage divider. which means it really doesn't matter what value pot you use because the resistor ratio and resultant voltage will always be about the same. With that said most machines use 5K pots for this.


      thejew wrote:

      Dual analog stick virtual on?
      These are essentially normal 8-way joysticks, not analog.


      thejew wrote:

      Does the io board output a digital on/off signal for feedback or is it a serial type output to communicate with other dedicated motor drive.
      most FFB boards don't go through the I/O board, on Sega setups they're usually a separate serial connection to the game board


      thejew wrote:

      If on/off pulse could one easily build a motor controller with some big transistors to switch a motor?
      there's no semblance what-so-ever of standard for FFB. heck even on the same platform (like say Sega Model 3) there isn't even inter-compatibility between some games.

      the data is way more complicated than just simple "pulses". go read some of the posts on this forum by winteriscoming, he's been working on adapting different FFB systems and it's a huge undertaking for only minor compatibility improvements.
      "Information wants to be free"
      VOOT | RFM | Kraylix V3 | FiF Jr. | KI2 | UMK3 | E29 | E29| TOTD | DDR
      Follow my projects on Instagram: instagram.com/twistedchu

      Buy my 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com