What's new

kingcar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm getting a spare monitorv in a few days and I thought that it would be a shame just to let it lay around till I need it.
So I decided to get a JST Xh connector that hopefully will fit into the chassis. I used this picture as referene to get a connector, if anybody knows the right one feel free to reply.
Next step would be to solder a female Scart plug on the wires that come from the connector. But where do I solder H-Sync on the Scart connector?
I didn't find any info on that so far.

Found this in an Italian forum. Could this be right? H an V Sync to Pin no 11 and 13? Or shall I go just like soldering it Supergun Style V-Sync on pin 20?
Do I need any capacitors on other wires beside RGB?
vga2scart.jpg

SCART would always use C-Video or C-Sync, which is a composited sync pulse... Never H and V separate syncs.

If you only have H-Sync you could try to treat it like C-Sync/C-Video (solder to pin 20) and test it (might work).
If you have both H and V Sync's you def need a Extron to change the polarity before compositing (mixing) them together, then feed this into pin 20.

Also on the VGA side the Ground is common, so you can run just one ground wire to SCART Red Ground (for example) and daisy chain jump the others (Green/Blue/etc) from inside the hood... No need for that pin 6 to pin 7, pin 7 to 5 blah blah.

Well I'll give it a shot with H-Sync on pin 20 first.
What is "extron"? sorry not familiar with this stuff.^^

Thanks for the link. Sadly the connector was not the right one, it has the righ size, but just doesnt conecrt into it.

So That project is on pause since I get the right one.
Anybody has a clue about that?

Hey Guys, a little update on my Project.
So I got the AMP-15 connector and wired everything up.
For R,G,B,Sync, Demag and Groud I used a lead I had lying around. And for AC Supply I just used a Standard lead with jap/us Plug.

I'm pretty sure everything is wired up as it should be. Wanted to do a test start up before wiring all to a Scart connector, but the Monitor doesn't Start.
Is there a mechanism on the Board which cuts the AC Supply that I missed somewhere?

Back