What's new

SelfDeniedHoarderz

Professional
Reaction score
We all know that Taito Type X2 is basically an x86 board with I/O board connected and ofcourse it runs Windows embedded.
These boards are still running at very expensive price and not so easy to obtain.
I know that many chinese have created bootleg of TTX2 however they also sell them at premium price as well
My question why no one have thought about utilising any cheap x86 intel core 2 duo motherboard with geforce card 7900 or even newer + I/O board to create your own TTX2 clone?
As long as all drivers are compatible, I think it's quite feasible to create the same hardware setup at much lower price.

Not sure what the goal or question is.
Can you clone the hardware? Yes?

Can you make cloned hardware boot original drives? Yes assuming the parts and all bios match ( ie motherboard bios, and the gpu bios, )

is there any reason to do this? just to play the games
Absolutely not, any X86 PC can run the games natively. with either a fast io card or, a Com adapter attached.

I didn't pay much attention to use normal Pcs for TX since I have enough spare TX2s to use. First time I tried to run a non TX2 motherboard, (but same chipset) Nicos' Multi preinstalled windows complained that some hardware wasn't the same (sound card for example)

Do you need to use a loader or do you need to use a precompiled special version of Windows CE supporting the specific hardware?

Sorry if question has been answered already :)

Id say thats purely because you didnt fully match the motherboard to the right specs, out of the box the system is only going to run on exact x2 specifications and chips, however you could easily boot into somewthing like hirens boot cd and force install the correct drvers for any motherboad, as long as the ata drivers work, its farily easy to repair the windows install

(on phone)

I think I asked a similar question a while ago. Dig through these forums. IIRC it's possible to build a cheap PC to mimic a TTX2, but I never pulled the trigger so I forget ;)

All these games are windows games, so assuming you have the dma card to communicate with the IO and the drivers installed, you are almost good to go.
There might be some drivers to install here and there, some tweaks for few games, but nothing that can be easily done.

The only real advantage of units such as the TTX2, TTX3, RE2 is that they are more or less standard from a configuration perspective and so you can share a premade plug and play drive with other people. But that is really mostly the only advantage.

Back