What's new

LuKa

Student
Reaction score
Hi there, I purchased a Crazy Taxi upright cabinet a few months ago and it was working great. Unfortnately over a month ago it decided to have a hissy fit and now keeps throwing up this error:

Error 01
Display: THIS GAME IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BY MAIN BOARD

So I checked the cart to make sure it was connected properly, I cleaned the pins gently with IPA, I even decased the PSB and tried that to but still no joy.

I then started to look at the PCB itself and it was rather dusty so I cleaned it (tried again no joy) but then I noticed that a couple of the surface mounted chips have been attacked by moisture. The chips marked in the attached image had condensation/oxidisation on a couple of the chips legs. So I used IPA to try and clear this but still wasn't booting. Would the highlighted chips cause it not to boot? Are they easy to source and do they need to be flashed or are they ram/filter chips?

Oh for the record I threw Virtua Tennis into this cabinet and that booted fine, so the issue is with the cart.

Many Thanks

Attachments

• CrazyTaxi.png
    CrazyTaxi.png
    407.5 KB · Views: 145
Can you enter the test menu and do a test on the cart?

have you changed recently the region on your naomi mobo?

have you changed recently the region on your naomi mobo?
Nope I had not, it was working fine the night before and then nothing the next day, I did put this cart into another Naomi and that throws up the same error code.

obviously the naomi can't see the cart. Something is wrong there...all roms are not visible which rather means a contact problem or some sort.of shortcut imho.

Back