What's new

yavuzg

Professional
Reaction score
As the title says. Is it possible to convert (or should I say - upgrade) Street Fighter EX2 to EX2 Plus?

Try it and find out :P

I want to say no, I'm almost positive the EX2 Plus ROM board has additional hardware on it. You can swap out the EX2 ROM board, but I don't think you can convert it

It's certainly worth burning some EPROMs and trying it though

Unfortunately I don't have neither board so I cannot physically try that :)

But if you are saying their ROM boards are different then they are not convertable, at least in simple terms, hence the price difference between them...

Thanks for the answer... ;)

EX2 and EX2 plus are both sony-zn2 based so the lower board should be the same. So you need to compare the top boards to see what's different.

You can swap the top pcb for another capcom release and it'll work as I've done that with Tetris.

Yep, he knows that, he's asking if a SFEX2 top board can be converted to run SFEX2+

As far as I'm aware there's additional hardware on the top board for EX2+ so no, you can't, but I'm happy to be proven wrong

I can confirm that you can swap out rom boards on these ZN-2 boards as I bought a Rival Schools rom board and ran it on the bottom board that came from my Street Fighter EX2 Plus.

As far as EX2 and EX2 Plus goes, it would appear that all roms would need to be swapped out if its possible. According to what I can see the only chip that's the same on the top board is the coh-3002c.353, if that's the security chip then you are in luck but I just do not know enough about these boards to know. If this were ever possible I would mind converting my EX2 Plus to EX2 so I could play as Hayate as he was removed in the Plus version.

I can try a rom swap with legit roms when my friend actually sends me the EX2 Plus I'm buying from him. Protection chip is different so it might be a no go, but we'll see.

I have two wrong rom on my street fighter ex +, you can tell me what eprom is suitable for replacement?
Thanx

Indeed, 27c322 are good for replacement, my game is back to life thanks!

Back