Sega System C2 multi kit sale & support

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• anyone figured out a graphical reprensentation of the games list with this switch ? I'm trying to figure out how to use with an acrylic case without making a hole
      Any Multi MVS bug ? Before asking do Reset NVRAM procedure : Power on without cart, Press Start multiple times until it asks to press ABC + Start, Do it, Power off > Done
    • KalessinDB wrote:

xtrasmiley wrote:

@Apocalypse your program creates ROMs to burn onto EPROMs 1-6, what is on EPROM 7?
      You might have to get him to write a second program... the current v2 of the kit only has 6 roms.
      Yeah, I was confused. His pictures on page one are of V1 of the multi, and I was like, wait a minute, there are 7 EPROMS... yeah, my Sega Sonic Blue V2 only has the 6... :)

By the way, I'll say again, this has become one of my favorite multi's, I had no idea...

People, this one is inexpensive, the donor board is inexpensive, there is NO reason you shouldn't get this, go go GO!
    • Apocalypse wrote:

oneleaf86 wrote:

All of the Apocalypse multi's should have the pins installed on the PCB so it's best to conform to that standard.

The extensions will have the female 8 pin header.

This way you can swap the same extension between C2, M72 and probably System 16 seamlessly.
      It should also work with the S24 multi by leaving one column of pins sticking out on the right. Then game selection will use only positions from 0 to 7.
      Just to be sure it's wired properly: when you select, say '3', does it correspond to dip1 = 1, dip2 = 1, dip3 = 0, dip4 = 0?
      Sorry for the late reply! Yes that's how the switch is wired.
    • I was looking into making a switch for the System 16B Multi but then I realized that this switch will probably work fine as is installed like this [::::]:

Even though it only uses a 16 position rotary, the fifth dip switch would toggle the other 16 games.

I could be totally wrong though! :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by oneleaf86 ().

• oneleaf86 wrote:

I was looking into making a switch for the System 16B Multi but then I realized that this switch will probably work fine as is installed like this [::::]:

Even though it only uses a 16 position rotary, the fifth dip switch would toggle the other 16 games.

I could be totally wrong though! :)
      No, no, you're correct. :)
      Looking for:
      - OutRun boardset
      - Desert Breaker romboard (Sega S18)

01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • zeruel85 wrote:

Just a little note.

Please rename the previous file removing the spaces in the name.
      Other than that it should work fine.
      @zeruel85 - thanks for the great work on the C2 software rev of the ST-V multi selector... works great!!! For anyone who is going to do this - remember that you need to pull 5v and GND from the same power supply that is feeding the C2. For my setup - I just tapped into the leads off my supergun.

If you don't do this - you get very weird results... :)

But - after remembering that - worked flawlessly!
      Arcade MultiSystems:

Sega: ST-V (Darksoft), Naomi 2 w/Net Dimm,Capcom CPS2 (Darksoft) , Capcom CPS3 (Darksoft), Neo Geo MV-1B (Darksoft), Sega C2 Multi (Apocalypse), Taito F3 Multi (Darksoft)
    • mathewbeall wrote:

For anyone who is going to do this - remember that you need to pull 5v and GND from the same power supply that is feeding the C2. For my setup - I just tapped into the leads off my supergun.
      If you don't do this - you get very weird results... :)
      This is because DC power supplies that do not use REAL gnd or it is not available, example usb supplies etc. will have floating gnd and then the Vdc will be 5V (in case of selector) against that gnd level. Selector is using 4066 chips to simulate dip switches and if the signal they are switching does not have same gnd level, ICs might not work as they should. And there is actually another problem too if RESET is connected - reset connector pulls the line to selector board GND when reset is applied. In that moment the PSUs will get common ground through 4066. In that moment all the voltages will go nuts for split of second and probably the current flowing through 4066 will be over the specs too.

When having multiple DC power sources in the system, they usually must have common gnd. So with selector you'll be able use external PSU to power the selector by connecting it's gnd to the C2's gnd. And while you are doing it, it's as easy take also to VCC from there so why use another psu at all.

To emphasize why there must be common gnd between PSUs, example (european model) PS3's signal ground basically follows AC current - it oscillates 50Hz and Vpp is about 300V. That is why you normally get sparks, and often kill HDMI diodes, if you connect it to tv etc will powered on. But if it is connected to TV that is connected to antenna, the antenna will have earth as gnd and as the systems will have common gnd the psu signal gnd is now also same as earth.

EDIT: Actually when reset is connected, they will not get common gnd but selector gnd will connect to C2's Vcc which will have unpredictable results.
    • penrhos wrote:

Without having to re-read 27 pages of the thread what do I need to re-burn to fix the errors in the first batch posted out?

Is it just rom.05 and the GAL?
      If you have a V1 (2 sample ROMs) yes just update ROM 5.
      If you have a V2 (single sample ROM) update both ROM 5 and the GAL.
      Looking for:
      - OutRun boardset
      - Desert Breaker romboard (Sega S18)

01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • New

Ok so I got the roms all burnt with the help of some friends down at my local arcade.
      Since there's no documentation of the V2 kit, I wanted to make sure I got this right @Mitsurugi-w and @Apocalypse
      I trust the placement of roms 1-5 should be on the mainboard, and the 6th rom is on the daughter board?

My C2 conversion of Thunderforce Ac arrives this week so I trust I can just seat this dude on top and the magic will happen (per dip switch settings)???

Let me know
      Thanks!

P.S. @oneleaf86 if you got room for your selectors on your list, toss me on.
      Videogame Historian
      Bench : NES Collection Sale | Blast City Restore
      WANT : Night Slashers, MK2, Exotic Shmups, Blast City PSU Spare
      InstaGram | [neogeo] My Arcade Projects Photoblog [saturn]

The post was edited 1 time, last by psykom1 ().

• New

Mitsurugi-w wrote:

That is correct. Just make sure the jumpers on your pcb match what is required so that everything works right.
      Awesome!
      I was reading this thread back and forth and just didn't see anything representing the V2 kit placement.
      I can't wait to get some of these titles running.
      Thank you for the help!
      Videogame Historian
      Bench : NES Collection Sale | Blast City Restore
      WANT : Night Slashers, MK2, Exotic Shmups, Blast City PSU Spare
      InstaGram | [neogeo] My Arcade Projects Photoblog [saturn]