Pinned Sega System C2 multi kit sale & support

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• twistedsymphony wrote:

what's involved with the conversion from MD to C-2? I have visions of a "sub-board that's just a MD cart slot" :D so many great options.
      No it's not as simple as that, you need to read inputs differently and more importantly deal with the Z80 for sound (on MD the one and unique ROM contains also the Z80 code which is loaded in sound CPU RAM, on C2 the 68000 running faster doesn't need "help" from the Z80).
      Looking for:
      - faulty Hang-On, Space Harrier or Enduro Racer (2203 sound board)
      - Sega Mega-CD 1 power board
      - Super Nintendo CPU (3 needed)

"I'd 1cc games but I have a real life."
      01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • Hey, I'm the guy who dumped the TF AC "thing". I genuinely don't know if it's a proto, hack or whatever, but there's a so many differences beyond the stages (like the HUD being on the bottom instead of the top on the Genesis) that I genuinely don't know what I have lol. Seems like some weird hybrid of the genesis and arcade game that I couldn't find reference to anywhere on the web. My gut still says hack just by the nature of how I got it... but regardless, it's out in the world so you'll be able to play it soon, hopefully. I legitimately just bought it off some guy in Canada and was disappointed it only had 5 stages lol.

I'm now looking into a multi-kit for my newly unpopulated C2 board :P

The post was edited 1 time, last by GMEGBLN ().

• xtrasmiley wrote:

Looks like this guy may have found a TF AC prototype.

shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.…=66235&p=1403313#p1403313

Hammy wrote:

I think it's this, but can't seem to get it running in mame right now and need to get a couple hours sleep!
      Had a quick look it's a match with the old dump I already have except the IC4 ROM was also included but never used (and is matching the known version).

GMEGBLN wrote:

Hey, I'm the guy who dumped the TF AC "thing". I genuinely don't know if it's a proto, hack or whatever, but there's a so many differences beyond the stages (like the HUD being on the bottom instead of the top on the Genesis) that I genuinely don't know what I have lol. Seems like some weird hybrid of the genesis and arcade game that I couldn't find reference to anywhere on the web. My gut still says hack just by the nature of how I got it... but regardless, it's out in the world so you'll be able to play it soon, hopefully. I legitimately just bought it off some guy in Canada and was disappointed it only had 5 stages lol.

I'm now looking into a multi-kit for my newly unpopulated C2 board :P
      When did you dump it? I got it many years ago.
      It's not working in MAME because of a bug in how it's reading inputs (or maybe it was a bootleg with lack of one input bank).
      You can get it to boot in debug mode by using this command (bypasses completely the wrong inputs leading to the game entering immediately service mode):

bp 8272,{b@FFF2CE=00},g

Title screen is also incomplete/different.

[EDIT]
      I read the thread on the schumps forum and the guys there (including that moron of Haze) didn't even know it existed...
      Experts are in da place :D
      Looking for:

01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001

The post was edited 2 times, last by Apocalypse ().

• Apocalypse wrote:

Had a quick look it's a match with the old dump I already have except the IC4 ROM was also included but never used (and is matching the known version). When did you dump it? I got it many years ago.It's not working in MAME because of a bug in how it's reading inputs (or maybe it was a bootleg with lack of one input bank).
      You can get it to boot in debug mode by using this command (bypasses completely the wrong inputs leading to the game entering immediately service mode):

bp 8272,{b@FFF2CE=00},g

Title screen is also incomplete/different.

[EDIT]
      I read the thread on the schumps forum and the guys there (including that moron of Haze) didn't even know it existed...
      Experts are in da place :D

Just dumped yesterday - the ROMs that I have, I mean :P
      The story is in that thread - I just bought it, hoping I got regular-ass TF AC and I couldn't find any info on this version. Played the three MAME versions of AC I could find and none were like this, so I asked for help. Last thing I'd want to do is sit on a potential proto or something. All I wanna do is play some games, man lol.
      About the dump - is there any concrete info known about it? Is it a recent homebrew or some hack from back in the day? Seems like a lot of effort went into it. I find it fascinating personally, and up until now I wasn't even aware of the Sega System C2 so it's been a good learning experience for me :D

Also, no idea if you have anything personal against Haze 'cause I've never met the guy myself, but from my messages to him with this PCB, he was super helpful and informative with me and got my dump running in MAME really quickly, so I don't think it's fair to call him a "moron" lol.
      Is there some SHMUPS rivalry I'm unaware of? Do I have to grab a club and pick a side?
    • @GMEGBLN welcome and thank you for dumping these ROMs and posting about it! I'm glad I saw your post and got you over here to A-P, which is a VERY friendly forum and a cool place to get more games and multis!

I'm sure @Apocalypse didn't mean that comment seriously, he is a very nice guy, and very talented, as is Haze. Maybe there is some behind the scene rivalry, but trust me, they have both contributed TONs to arcade preservation, and I respect them both.

Anyway, get your multi for this set, save the original ROMs for history's sake and enjoy Ribbit, it's EVIL (in a good way).

The post was edited 1 time, last by xtrasmiley ().

• xtrasmiley wrote:

@GMEGBLN welcome and thank you for dumping these ROMs and posting about it! I'm glad I saw your post and got you over here to A-P, which is a VERY friendly forum and a cool place to get more games and multis!

I'm sure @Apocalypse didn't mean that comment seriously, he is a very nice guy, and very talented, as is Haze. Maybe there is some behind the scene rivalry, but trust me, they have both contributed TONs to arcade preservation, and I respect them both.

Anyway, get your multi for this set, save the original ROMs for history's sake and enjoy Rabbit, it's EVIL (in a good way).

Already contacted the relevant parties on the multi kit ;)
      You keep talking up Ribbit, it better be the best damn game I've ever played or I'm gonna be extremely disappointed :P
    • GMEGBLN wrote:

xtrasmiley wrote:

@GMEGBLN welcome and thank you for dumping these ROMs and posting about it! I'm glad I saw your post and got you over here to A-P, which is a VERY friendly forum and a cool place to get more games and multis!

Anyway, get your multi for this set, save the original ROMs for history's sake and enjoy Rabbit, it's EVIL (in a good way).
      Already contacted the relevant parties on the multi kit ;)
      You keep talking up Ribbit, it better be the best damn game I've ever played or I'm gonna be extremely disappointed :P
      It's so evil, it keeps autocorrecting to Rabbit for me! It's pretty addictive, I have my wife who rarely plays hooked on it.
    • xtrasmiley wrote:

He's been talking a lot of shit in the dumping union group.
      He might be talented it's not a reason to be so full of yourself and act like an asshole.

I'm astonished he had never got this dump in his hands, it's been floating around for years...

The reason I think it's a homemade job is I got it from a member on a French forum and the name of the archive was something like "Thunder Force AC MD patched".

Also looking at the code it looks like it's been manually edited with some instructions noped to fill the blanks.

I don't understand Haze's posture, few recent dumps I've sent he claimed them to be patched versions based on nothing (and I assure you they are legit) and for this Thunder Force AC version where just a quick look at the code gives you a hint it's likely homemade, he's making up a story of it between an in-dev version...

Also there's a bug in the MAME driver for C2 where Ribbit sends you back to level 1 once and again. But he never found it, it seems.
      It's due to one bit being off in the protection equation.

Recently I'm feeling in the mood to say what a lot think but don't dare to say. You can't be friend with everyone. People contacting me politely will always be helped.

We should all have the same goal : preservation. But that's unfortunately not the case with many hoarders playing on both sides (pretending to work for preservation and at the same time stopping the release of some rare games).
      Looking for:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Apocalypse ().

• Haze has been hit or miss with a lot of the arcade community. On one hand he's very talented, and has contributed a lot to the Mame scene. On the other hand he comes off arrogant and confrontational towards people. There is a history of dislike towards him. I personally don't have a horse in this race, but this is what I've observed from his interactions with people on the forums. He's the atypical awkward nerd, high intelligence and capability, but socially inept.
    • MetalliC wrote:

lolwat ? Haze is not a member of Dumping Union, and if I not mistaken - never was.no idea how he was able to talking there... ?(
      You're probably right, but other members keep reporting what he says there… If you're a member of DU you know what I mean.

But enough drama, as DS said, back to topic.
      Looking for: