What's new

mr. sinister

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey guys, the reason I ask is because Stone Age Gamer states:
OMEGA & VERTICAL SLOT NOTICE:
IF YOU ARE USING THIS ON AN OMEGA THE PCB WILL NEED TO BE REVERSED IN THE SHELL.
IF YOU ARE USING IT WITH ANY OTHER VERTICAL SLOT MVS AND YOU WANT THE

LABEL FACING FORWARD THE PCB WILL NEED REVERSING IN THE SHELL.
IF YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE DOING THIS YOURSELF PLEASE REQUEST IT TO BE DONE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION DURING CHECKOUT.

I was all set to buy the NeoSD until I learned about the MultiMVS. The MultiMVS is clearly the superior product, but I wanted to make sure it will play nice with the Omega before purchasing. Hopefully once I get my tax returns, I'll be picking one up!!
Thanks!!

AFAIK that's just a cosmetic thing, wanting the cart label to face the "good" direction. I don't think it makes a difference to the actual operation of the device.

Well, SAG does mention that you need to flip the PCB in an Omega when using the NeoSD, so if it's as simple as just inserting the cart backwards, no worries. You can't do that though, can you?

The Omega is actually just a 1C in a custom shell with a custom supergun and UniBIOS.

Please load accordingly/correctly.

mv1cpcb.jpg

so if it's as simple as just inserting the cart backwards, no worries. You can't do that though, can you?
If you inserted the NeoSD into a Omega with the label facing towards you...You just DID insert it backwards. ;)
wanting the cart label to face the "good" direction
Yup that's all this is, people who don't like the cart label facing away from them when using the Omega.
If you are one of these people you'll want to flip the PCBs around, you don't NEED to do this at all however (just accept the 1C loads bottom of the cart facing you).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, that makes sense!! I don't care which way the label faces. Thanks guys!!

Darksoft's MVS Multi should use regular MVS style cases anyway (from the pictures posted so far), so there shouldn't be any issue with the label being the wrong way, I don't think. I guess NeoSD's cart is trying to accommodate horizontal loading solutions with the sticker on top by default?

Darksoft's MVS Multi should use regular MVS style cases anyway (from the pictures posted so far), so there shouldn't be any issue with the label being the wrong way, I don't think. I guess NeoSD's cart is trying to accommodate horizontal loading solutions with the sticker on top by default?
I would assume so.

Back