What's new

vaportrail

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I didn't cut the wood, but I figured I would post on here about my Bartop arcade build. I picked up a kit from game room solutions last week and just posted a Youtube video on the unboxing. It will be sporting a Rasberry Pi 3 and running Hyperpie as the front end. It's my first venture into an Arcade system, and a lot has changed from 7 years ago when I first downloaded Hyperspin and 20,000+ ROM's for my PC. I never got around to building one until now, and I'm kind of glad that I waited. More posts/pics/videos to come.

Cool, how much that set you back, all parts in with shipping? How long did it take you to built it?

It was right around $630 shipped with all the parts from Game Room Solutions. The monitor wasn't included, I picked that up from amazon for $109 shipped. So right around $740 for everything. I did have to make a few trips to Lowes for some misc screws and stuff. Built it over the course of 2 days out in my garage, maybe 12 hours. I think I could probably cut it down to 4-6 hrs on the next one I build. One of the biggest issues I had was the Joysticks came with no wiring diagram, and I "assumed" that the black wire was ground. I couldn't get all directions to work with them. Finally I took them apart, traced the printed circuit and figured out the purple wire was ground, and black was one of the signal wires. Switched the two wires and got them working. Still working on editing the build video. Stay tuned for that and some pics to come.

Last edited:
Here's an update, got the build finished and spent the last couple of days playing on it and tweaking it a bit. Had a few too many wheels for my liking so I hid some of them. Also connected a mini wifi keyboard and set up a search function to make it easier to find games. Before that it was nearly impossible to find a game you were looking for. Anyways, here is the build video condensed down to about 5 mins.

Here are a few pics of the finished Arcade!

IMG_4769 resize.jpg
IMG_4772resize.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4771resize.jpg
    IMG_4771resize.jpg
    809.6 KB · Views: 264
One of the biggest issues I had was the Joysticks came with no wiring diagram, and I "assumed" that the black wire was ground. I couldn't get all directions to work with them. Finally I took them apart, traced the printed circuit and figured out the purple wire was ground, and black was one of the signal wires. Switched the two wires and got them working. Still working on editing the build video. Stay tuned for that and some pics to come.
Nice brutha! They should have told you that Joystick PCB is a Xin Mo. Would have saved you a lot of time:

xm02_2.jpg

One of the biggest issues I had was the Joysticks came with no wiring diagram, and I "assumed" that the black wire was ground. I couldn't get all directions to work with them. Finally I took them apart, traced the printed circuit and figured out the purple wire was ground, and black was one of the signal wires. Switched the two wires and got them working. Still working on editing the build video. Stay tuned for that and some pics to come.
Nice brutha! They should have told you that Joystick PCB is a Xin Mo. Would have saved you a lot of time:
xm02_2.jpg
I know....Right!!!! Thx for the pinout.... I had gotten great directions from GRS but nothing from the Joystick Mfg...now I'll know for the next build!

Back